Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Kind of sad that they didn't send me one with the updated firmware to fix the occasional line on the side of the screen... However, it is a pretty rare issue and easy to fix, was never my main concern.

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

If it was a sealed box it may have been packaged before the firmware update.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

If it appears to be an issue with the G-Sync module ... does it only get wonky when it runs too hot? If so, you might be able to give it some air to help cool it down. It's designed to rely entirely on (silent) convection cooling, a little (quiet) forced airflow goes a really long way.

My PG278Q started to run a little too hot after 3 years, lol. Repasted the G-Sync module (and cleaned all the dust off that big fat heatsink ASUS put onto it). Bolted a couple of low-noise low-rpm low-power slim black (90x12mm 12V@0.1A) fans onto the chassis exterior and wired them up to a XH-W1209 thermostat/relay module I set at 60C and stuffed inside. Works like a charm now, maybe even better than before. (The ASUS power brick is sufficiently over-rated to run the fans at full power draw, although a higher brightness screen full of white pixels does momentarily dim when the relay engages. Can't hear the rear-mounted monitor fans over the computer itself, although the relay has a slightly perceptible click.)
    Last edited by Korth; 02-17-2018 at 01:31 AM.
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    If it was a sealed box it may have been packaged before the firmware update.
    The date on the monitor is April 2017... Not sure if that is before or after the firmware to fix the line issue. Again, not a huge deal, but would have been nice to have that fixed as well.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris99 View Post
    Just wanted to add my positive experience with ASUS RMA, since I've seen several bad stories around. I sent in my monitor with the issue in this thread on 2/9/18. I sent the monitor in the original box knowing that I might not get the box back. I sent it in with nothing other than the monitor itself in the original box. I was reluctant because my monitor was in perfect shape, except for the issue in this thread. It had no bad pixels (stuck or dead), good panel uniformity, great colors and no bad back light bleeding.

After about 5 days I called to find out where they were with the RMA process. The tech said that they are going to replace my monitor. I thought, "great here we go with a bubble wrapped refurbished monitor that could have dead/stuck pixels and bad uniformity or back light bleed"... The tech said they were still looking at a 7-10 day turnaround. So, I figured 7-10 days for a turnaround was pretty good and I will just wait patiently and see what happens.

The next day I head a large truck outside. I go the window and see a Fed Ex truck. I think to myself, I am pretty sure that Asus uses UPS... Thought again, no I dropped it off at a Fed Ex store. Sure enough, the driver delivered a large brown box. I opened the box to find large air wrapping inside... Thinking to myself, "here we go with the bubble wrapped monitor". I pulled all the wrapping away and there is a monitor box inside... I think, "okay they just sent mine back to me". I opened the box and the monitor is brand new. It still had the stickers on it. It had all the accessories, the stand, cables, manual... It was literally a brand new sealed box and monitor... I hooked it up and have not found any pixel issues or major back light problems... Pretty solid monitor. Most importantly, it seemed to fix the issue that I was having.

Thank you, ASUS! This was a great experience and you guys went above and beyond my expectations!
    Thanks for taking the time to post your positive experience. Enjoy your new monitor!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2