Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    New ROGer Array 0th3rs PC Specs
    0th3rs PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B360-I GAMING
    Processori5-9400F
    Memory (part number)Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1060 StormX

Did not work with my 3700X + B450 I, Tried to downgrade from 2703 to 2501. Follow all the steps exactly. Error message was something like "string could not be loaded". Sigh.

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array Rockford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 0th3rs View Post
    Did not work with my 3700X + B450 I, Tried to downgrade from 2703 to 2501. Follow all the steps exactly. Error message was something like "string could not be loaded". Sigh.
    and you renamed the bios file you wanted to flash to bios.rom?

follow the steps in the video and don't be sloppy, the tutorial is very easy to understand

Extract and rename the bios you want to flash
    Attachment 81788

Format the USB drive using Rufus, and replace the files on the USB drive, with the files from the ZIP + the extracted bios.rom
    Attachment 81789

It should look like this, then reboot, enter bios and select boot overide, boot from USB drive (non UEFI), then it will automatically update the bios
    Attachment 81790

Complete
    Last edited by Rockford; 09-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.

New ROGer Array 0th3rs PC Specs
    0th3rs PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX B360-I GAMING
    Processori5-9400F
    Memory (part number)Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1060 StormX

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    and you renamed the bios file you wanted to flash to bios.rom?

follow the steps in the video and don't be sloppy, the tutorial is very easy to understand

Extract and rename the bios you want to flash
    Attachment 81788

Format the USB drive using Rufus, and replace the files on the USB drive, with the files from the ZIP + the extracted bios.rom
    Attachment 81789

It should look like this, then reboot, enter bios and select boot overide, boot from USB drive (non UEFI), then it will automatically update the bios
    Attachment 81790

Complete
    I assure you I did exactly what the tutorial said. I formatted my thumbdrive using rufus, extract my CAP and rename to bios.rom, there is honestly NOTHING to be sloppy in his tutorial. It is in fact relatively easy, and he provided every single tool in his dropbox link. The whole flashing process was smooth until the last part, where the error message appear.

I am using a 3700X and the B450-I, it definitely DID NOT WORK for me going from 2703 to 2501. Anyone with the same config I warn you already. Too bad I'm just a guinea pig now with a freaking $150 paper weight, and since my motherboard doesn't have any local warranty and my service center refuse to service anything not purchased from the country.

I see that many here have success, downgrading their bios while on the Ryzen 2000 and older motherboard.

New ROGer Array Schooler PC Specs
    Schooler PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus IV Gene-Z
    Processori7-2600K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2x8gb 1866MHz 1.5v
    Graphics Card #1GeForce 1070 GTX
    Storage #1Samsung 860 EVO 500gb SSD
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U9S
    Power SupplySeasonic 650W Titanium

I have installed a new old-stock Maximus IV Gene-Z with a i7-2600K; I'm running Windows 10.

The BIOS was original, version 0403. So, I flashed -- by complete ignorance -- BIOS 3603, which is specific to XP and Vista. (I did this version because someone mentioned to just update to the latest BIOS, which was this)

The PC runs without a problem; only a few things are missing in the BIOS (e.g., XMP, CSM )

But, it turns out, I needed to install a previous version 3402, which is for Windows 10, according to the ASUS support staff.

I followed OPs directions to the letter and entered BIOS ... but there is no "Launch CMS" in the Boot tab. Perhaps this doesn't exist in this BIOS?

Any help is appreciated.*

New ROGer Array

Little post just to thank the author of the thread for the guide. I successfully changed bios in a x470-f MB without problems.

Thank you

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6