cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**** Memory Guides ****

xeromist
A consolidated thread of memory guides for various platforms and motherboards.

CORSAIR’S 64GB DDR3-2133 MEMORY KIT ON THE RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION

CROSSHAIR V MEMORY STABILITY DATA BASE:

CROSSHAIR V FORMULA EASY MEMORY SETUP GUIDE

MEMORY SETUP GUIDE FOR MAXIMUS V MOTHERBOARDS.

RAMPAGE IV EXTREME RAM GUIDE
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
If you have suggestions for additions or improvements to this list please let me know. Would different formatting make it easier to find what you need? One of the titles could be clearer? You can post here or send a PM.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Nice one xeromist!...I'm often hunting around for one or more of these in different places...for referring on...good to have them all in one place...the other stickies too!

xeromist
Note that these are only the threads that were already in "Other series motherboards" for anything newer the references would still be in the platform specific sub-forums until they get consolidated here.

goretsky
Level 7
Hello,

At the risk of bumping a necrothread, I was wondering if there was any information available about how ASUS tests memory for inclusion in a motherboard's QVL list?

I am in the process of building a system with memory outside of the QVL list, and was wondering what sorts of tests I could perform similar to what ASUS does to check for compatibility?

My initial plan was to do something like run MemTest86 for 48 hours to see if any errors were found, but my suspicion is that is just going to establish a baseline in terms of testing the memory for compatibility.

Are there any other test scenarios I could try?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

xeromist
I honestly wouldn't want to replicate QVL testing. That protocol is designed to validate compatibility for the majority of hardware. You want to know if your specific hardware is stable. You might have golden samples that can do better than the majority or you might have parts that work but need a little hand tuning.

HCI Memtest is an easy recommendation. Some use the Windows Memory Diagnostic. People also like TM5 and say it's more thorough but you'll have to use Google and look through some forum posts to find links to the software and the specific testing profile people like to load.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the prompt (and thorough) reply, Xeromist.

I do not have any golden samples (this is all retail purchases for production use) so it sounds like I will try HCI Design's MemTest, as well as look into the TestMem5 program. I'm hoping a runs of 24/48/72/{whatever the developer recommends} sequences will allow me to verify suitability for use.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky