cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-FI MB 2 Not Working Right

Retired
Not applicable
Hi all. I have been searching high and low to finally get a solution as to why the X-FI MB2 doesnt want to work right on this board. Hopefully, I can get a final solution to this problem. I had a really difficult time getting the creative software to recognize that there was an X-FI installed on this system when I first got it. It seems that uninstalling\reinstalling the Realteck drivers and the x-fi drivers eventually made it work. I dont know why. Then yesterday, I installed the latest Nvida drivers for my graphics card. For some reason, this borked the audio drivers. So now I am back trying to get the X-FI software installed again. So here is what I have done:

Uninstalled\reinstalled the Nvidia drivers (video is working fine)
Uninstalled the Realteck and X-FI drivers and software (multiple times)
Installed the Realtech and X-FI drivers (multiple times, doing them in the order they appear on the ASUS CD)
Deleted all references to Creative and Sound Blaster from the registry

I get an error when installing the X-FI software about 82% of the way thru about "cannot continue due to unresolved issues Error I-010" but the rest finishes. I did not get this error when I first installed the software. So, after the reboot, I try to launch the Creative Console and it says that there are "no supported audio devices available." At this point, I am at a loss. I get sound out of the realteck but cant use any of the X-FI functions. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

Swindle
Level 7
I too have the same problem and can find no answers anywhere. I've uninstalled the Nvidia sound driver from programs and features. Actually, I haven't gotten as far as you since I haven't had the system recognize that is has a SB X-Fi MB2 on board. I can only get the realtek device and no further.. I have uninstalled it and it adds like 8 devices listed as 'High Definition Audio Device'. Anyone out there? Asus support would be nice. I know this issue has bound to of come up in QA.

System specs:

Windows 7 64 bit
Asus Crosshair V w/ AMD 1100T
16 GB Corsair 1833 RAM
2 EVGA GTX 580s
Corsair 1200 ATX power supply
2 WD 600GB Velociraptor hard drives in RAID 0

i've got the same problem, my chf5 arrived yesterday but im getting crazy with this problem in the sound options only the hdmi amd sound is avaible =( i dont know whatto do, plz raja help us help ups...
sorry for my bad english u.u

xeromist
I believe that all of the current implementations are realtek chips with xfi software. Are all of you using the driver package provided for your board from the ASUS website?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

definately have this problem with my 1155 gene-z gen 3. did anyone find a solution, no matter how I try to remove sweep and reinstall the drivers it does not work..

i only have realtek audio device showing up in sound devices list on my rampage iv formula build, re-installed things a dozen times...

Necrosan
Level 12
Try disabling on-board chip and see if card shows correctly in windows.
MB: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (Cooled by Corsair H100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 fans)
RAM: 64GB G.SKILL RipjawsZ 1600 (10-10-10-30)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X Hybrid
TV Tuners: 2 * Hauppauge HVR-1800
Case: CoolerMaster Cosmos 2

The xfi 2 is the onboard sound on the new boards.

rotamonkey
Level 7
I managed to fins the install.log file by searching in the program files\installshield directory. found this message

Error=I-010 C:\Windows\system32\AmbRunE.dll cannot be installed.

thought I would post it up in case someone recognises the problem

FYI I managed to work out a work around for this. First if you are having trouble install the software in safe mode to avoid issues with with file ownership/authentication/ privileges problems.

second find your hardware device id and subsystem id it will be listed in device manager details on the realtek driver

it will look something like this-
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0889&SUBSYS_1043846B

Find you driver file -HDXCR.inf this will be in the realtek driver Vista64 subfolder.

Go to the correct section of the file where the hardware id and subsystem id's are listed, modify the first entry to your hardware id and subsystem id

Manually update your realtek driver via 'have disk' method to the modified inf file.

After I did this everything went smoothly and I have a fully working Sound Blaster Panel. I found this solution here-

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/software-clinic-3/realtek-mod-x-fi-driver-2300219-30.html

just thought it might help some people out here. will be posting this in all of the posts that I found helpful while trying to find a solution for this issue. I do not except any responsibility or support for this solution just hope it can help some other people with this screwed up problem. Good luck