cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG SPATHA Does Not Work in Wired mode [Resolved]

MLGbr
Level 7
My system: Win7 sp1 64 bits (updates disable since november 2017) + ROG Armoury v10226 (last version)

I've always used the mouse in WIRED mode, but...

=== THE EVENT

In 01/19/2018 00:51 (UTC -3) the mouse started to fail, I thought it was cable problem.
15 seconds later, it stopped working in wired mode.

=== SYMPTOMS

With the SAME CABLE in the wireless base, the mouse works in wireless mode.

In cable mode:
a) Irresponsible mouse
b) ROG ARMORY does not detect anything
c) Windows detect 2 hardware items 'Mouse compatible with HID'
d) Uninstalling and Installing ultimate version of ROG Armory did not provide any change in the outcome symptoms.

The SAME CABLE, removing of mouse and putting it in the WIRELESS BASE, and...
a) Windows detect 4 hardware items 'Mouse compatible with HID'
b) Sometimes the ROG armory detects the mouse, sometimes not.

--Behavior Ambiguous / Unpredictable--

Test 1
ROG ARMORY show message: "You also need to update the mouse firmware. Switch to THE WIRED connection mode to update the mouse firmware." I NOT update and not detect mouse in "mouse" tab, BUT in the settings says: Version Software 1.02.26 | base firmware: 1.32 | mouse firmware: 1.49

Test 2
ROG ARMORY detect Mouse, and show Mouse options in "Mouse" tab.
In the settings says: Version Software 1.02.26 | base firmware: 1.32 | mouse firmware: 0.00
Mouse is detected in Wireless mode, and I can reprogram the functionality of the mouse buttons.

I tested the sync buttons, or closed and reopened ROG ARMORY, but it did not change the symptoms.

CONCLUSION
a) If I am using the same cable, connected to the same USB port, it is clear that the cable is perfect.
b) The behavior of ROG ARMORY does not seem predictable, it can not be said why it detects the mouse, or why it in another test does not detect the mouse.
c) There may be a correct sequence of procedures, so that you can perfectly detect the mouse in ROG ARMORY, but there is no exact documentation.
d) ROG ARMORY software expects the user to have a specific update to Win7 and I do not have it?

MY OPINION:

I noticed that ROG ARMORY is automatic updates 'by default' . I'd never realized, if I did, I'd have disabled.
On 01/19/2018, when I turned on the computer, ROG ARMORY did an automatic update.

As Windows did kernel upgrade involving Meltdown / Specter, it is possible that 'The Peripheral Team of ASUS' has updated the ROG ARMORY,
assuming ALL users would upgrade Windows, which is not true, and problems are happening.

If you have any procedures, or any updates that solve the problem - Show now
23 REPLIES 23

MLGbr
Level 7
I have tried a new procedure

1) Uninstall the current ROG ARMORY (v10226)
2) Instal ROG ARMORY v10224
3) Restart, leaving the wireless base connected

4) Leaving the ROG ARMORY program open in the steps below
4a) Reset Mouse - Hold Left, right and wheel, Connect the mouse to the cable, and and keep holding for 10 seconds - If done correctly, mouse lights go off. It is difficult to achieve the first time, it is necessary several times to succeed.
4b) Remove the mouse cable and put it in the wireless base
4c) Turn off and power on the button under the mouse
4d) Press the sync button in wireless base
4e) The ROG ARMORY recognizes the mouse, and allows you to reprogram the buttons.

After restarting the computer, ROG ARMORY no longer recognizes the mouse, and lets not reprogram the buttons.

--Restarting, all problems return.
--In all this procedure, the MOUSE NOT worked in the cable mode, only wireless, all the symptoms are of a firmware corrupted in the mouse.

AND TELL THE ENTIRE 'THE PERIPHERAL TEAM OF ASUS' TEAM:
NEVER MAKE A PROGRAM THAT AUTOMATICALLY UPDATES FIRMWARE - IT IS THE SOURCE OF ALL SPATHA MOUSE PROBLEMS!!!
Just read the stories from this forum, to see what the issue is.

Will administrators not answer the topic?

Do you have any solutions?

Something abnormal has happened today, I would like to report.

Initial conditions

Hardware:
a) The computer was off.
b) The wireless base was connected to the computer.
c) The mouse was in wireless mode, off, loading on the base.

Software:
a) Windows 7 sp 1
b) NetFramework 4.6.01055 + NetFramework 4.6.01055 pt-br
c) ROG ARMORY v10224 (and using default auto start setting)

Procedure:
1) I turned on the computer
2) Windows showed the desktop ( I do not know if ROG ARMORY was loading or if it had already loaded)
3) I took the mouse from the wireless base, and I turned it on (Power button underneath)
4) ROG ARMORY will report an error and stop working.

TECHNICAL REPORT:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission in Windows Relatory (in pt-BR idiom):

Fonte
ROG Armoury

Resumo
Parou de funcionar

Data
‎30/‎01/‎2018 21:54

Status
Relatório enviado

Descrição
Caminho do Aplicativo com Falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\ROG Armoury.exe

Assinatura do problema
Nome de Evento de Problema: CLR20r3
Assinatura do Problema 01: ROG Armoury.exe
Assinatura do Problema 02: 1.2.0.24
Assinatura do Problema 03: 5a1bb09d
Assinatura do Problema 04: System
Assinatura do Problema 05: 4.6.1085.0
Assinatura do Problema 06: 57a4fd23
Assinatura do Problema 07: 307c
Assinatura do Problema 08: 17
Assinatura do Problema 09: System.InvalidOperationException
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificação da Localidade: 1046
Informações Adicionais 1: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Informações Adicionais 3: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Informações adicionais sobre o problema
Id de Compartimento de Memória: 1399504513

In EventViewer - Event 1026 (XML in pt-BR idiom)

-

0x80000000000000

Application
user-PC

-
Aplicativo: ROG Armoury.exe Versão do Framework: v4.0.30319 Descrição: O processo foi terminado devido a uma exceção sem tratamento. Informações da Exceção: System.InvalidOperationException em System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.CancelAsync() em SPATHA.MainWindow.WirelessLink_Tick(System.Object, System.EventArgs) em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(System.Object) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object) em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) em System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) em MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) em System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) em MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) em System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) em System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) em System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) em ROG_ARMOURY.App.Main()

In EventViewer - Event 1000 (XML in pt-BR idiom)

-
-

0x80000000000000

Application
user-PC

-
ROG Armoury.exe
5a1bb09d
KERNELBASE.dll
59b94abb
e0434352
0000c54f
a64
01d39a25510df1f0
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\ROG Armoury.exe
C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
e310d16e-0618-11e8-aeca-448a5b9bb104

MY OPINION

I turned on the mouse, when ROG ARMORY was not fully charged, and created a situation that was not foreseen in the programming.

There have been reports that since November 2017 a Windows update has caused problems in the mouse APIs - and this is Feb / 2018, and the problem has not been resolved yet.

I do not know if someone from ASUS is aware of the problem - may be impacting ROG ARMORY, in an unknown way, even in other versions of Windows.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/important-syslistview32-bug-wi...

The bug would be located in mscomctl.dll

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/bb920579-bad8-4956-9363-74336735bdcc/syslistvie...

I tested the mouse on another computer, and it does not work.

My problem is 100% corrupted mouse firmware - confirmed.

The wireless base still works, but as the mouse is not detected, it is not possible to reprogram the buttons - which makes this mouse full of buttons useless.

I'll check if Asus accepts RMA in Brazil.

But it was a good lesson:
BY INSTALLING THE APPLICATION OF THE MANUFACTURER,MAKE SURE THAT THE "DEFAULT OPTION" IS NEVER "AUTO UPDATE".
IF IT IS, DISABLE - BEFORE ANY STUPID UPDATE DESTROY YOUR COMPUTER WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

If you followed this forum, you should have seen that I stayed for 1 week reporting my problem in this forum, in different postings, and no administrator appeared, to give any support or to respond. I needed to find out all by myself.

They may be accustomed to users who write profanity and have no technical knowledge. When technical information is displayed on the post, they disappear.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can check if the MCU is causing the mouse to crash.
1. Remove the four screw covers.
2. Open up the Spatha by using the supplied screwdriver to remove the four screws. This will not void the warranty since the same procedure applies when swapping switches.
3. Disconnect then reconnect the battery connector (see below).
4. Reassemble the Spatha.
5. Test the mouse and update the firmware to 1.69.

1) I updated the ROG ARMORY to 2.04.04 version

2) I opened the mouse, disconnected the battery, closed the mouse, and connected the USB cable (Wired Mode)

3) I run ROG ARMORY, open "configurations", and click on "Live Update", and ROG ARMORY crash every time.

Produced 2 error events: 1026 and 1000

==================================

EventView 1026 (XML in Portuguese Windows)

-
-

0x80000000000000

Application
user-PC

-
Aplicativo: ROG Armoury.exe Versão do Framework: v4.0.30319 Descrição: O processo foi terminado devido a uma exceção sem tratamento. Informações da Exceção: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException em System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32) em ROG_ARMOURY.VerCheck.Button_Click(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick() em System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick() em System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) em System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) em System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) em System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea() em System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs) em System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport) em System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32) em System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) em MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) em System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(System.Object) em System.Windows.Window.Show() em System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog() em ROG_ARMOURY.MainWindow.Button_Click(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick() em System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick() em System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) em System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) em System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs) em System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object) em System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) em System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) em System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea() em System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs) em System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport) em System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32) em System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) em System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) em MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr) em MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) em System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame) em System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object) em System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window) em System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window) em ROG_ARMOURY.App.Main()

EventView 1000 (XML in Portuguese Windows)

-

0x80000000000000

Application
user-PC

-
ROG Armoury.exe
5a712890
KERNELBASE.dll
59b94abb
e0434352
0000c54f
a3c
01d3a05935b03cce
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\ROG Armoury.exe
C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
32fd0043-0c4d-11e8-b73d-448a5b9bb104

=============================================

Crash Reports - I tried 3 times, got 3 identical crash reports (in Portuguese Windows)

Descrição
Caminho do Aplicativo com Falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ROG Armoury\ROG Armoury.exe

Assinatura do problema
Nome de Evento de Problema: CLR20r3
Assinatura do Problema 01: ROG Armoury.exe
Assinatura do Problema 02: 1.0.111.11111
Assinatura do Problema 03: 5a712890
Assinatura do Problema 04: mscorlib
Assinatura do Problema 05: 4.6.1085.0
Assinatura do Problema 06: 57a4fbb5
Assinatura do Problema 07: 3526
Assinatura do Problema 08: 21
Assinatura do Problema 09: System.ArgumentOutOfRange
Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificação da Localidade: 1046
Informações Adicionais 1: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Informações Adicionais 3: 0a9e
Informações Adicionais 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Informações adicionais sobre o problema
Id de Compartimento de Memória: 3532824919

The error is no longer random.

Now using the mouse in wired mode, and trying 'Live update', the same error occurs every time.

It seems to be a programming flaw - When a FOR loop attempts to iterate array, and it goes into an element outside the array.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
So the mouse is working now? In wireless mode too?
Is the only issue now the Live Update function in Armoury 2.04.04 preventing you from updating the firmware?

1) So the mouse is working now? In wireless mode too?

Now I have a "wireless only" mouse - but I'm very happy to be working

The resolution of the intermittent Wireless problem occurred hours before I read your forum post (asking to unmount the mouse), and it was caused by updating the ROG ARMORY.

2) The only problem now is the Live Update function in Armory 2.04.04 that prevents the firmware update?

2 Problems, ONLY em wired Mode.

(A) Hardware Problem:
The mouse does not work in wired mode, with or without battery connected.

(B) Software Problem:
In wired mode, when I try to update ROG ARMORY, errors occurs.

My Spatha in wired mode + Update Rog Armory = Lots of errors

This is what was explained in my previous post.

I hope to have clarified your doubts.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
MLGbr wrote:
1) So the mouse is working now? In wireless mode too?

Now I have a "wireless only" mouse - but I'm very happy to be working

The resolution of the intermittent Wireless problem occurred hours before I read your forum post (asking to unmount the mouse), and it was caused by updating the ROG ARMORY.

2) The only problem now is the Live Update function in Armory 2.04.04 that prevents the firmware update?

2 Problems, ONLY em wired Mode.

(A) Hardware Problem:
The mouse does not work in wired mode, with or without battery connected.

(B) Software Problem:
In wired mode, when I try to update ROG ARMORY, errors occurs.
My Spatha in wired mode + Update Rog Armory = Lots of errors
This is what was explained in my previous post.
I hope to have clarified your doubts.

Thanks for clarifying. Good to hear you can use your Spatha again.
We are currently investigating the Live Update function, it should be resolved very soon. When that is ready, try to see if updating the firmware resolves your wired mode issue (new version of Armoury not needed). Sorry for the inconvenience.