Problem solution Fan Expert 2/AsusFanControlService

If the error "ERROR ON THE SERVER, PROGID:" AsusFanControlService.FanControlMenedger ", it is necessary to uninstall Fan Xpert from the AI Suite II utility, restart the PC, turn off the AsusFanControlService service and delete the AsusFanControlService folder from the C: / Program Files (x86) / ASUS directory , then the AsusFanService line in the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE-> Wow6432Node-> Asus is deleted in the registry, restart the PC and reinstall Fan Xpert from the driver disk for the motherboard or download from the Asus website.

Last edited by OlyaAndrey; 01-26-2018 at 09:43 AM.

ROG Junior Member Array

This reply is from 2018. Is this still a valid way to fix this same issue in 2021? My brand new PC was working fine. I didnt notice (possibly got a windows update) but I started getting this very error. My attempts to uninstall and reinstall didnt work. Perhaps leftover crap in the registry. Not sure. My MOBO didnt comes with a driver disk, just link to the Asus site. The AI suite 3 didnt seem to have a separate fan control, just the DIG5 which I think includes the fan control.