cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem solution Fan Expert 2/AsusFanControlService

OlyaAndrey
Level 7
If the error "ERROR ON THE SERVER, PROGID:" AsusFanControlService.FanControlMenedger ", it is necessary to uninstall Fan Xpert from the AI Suite II utility, restart the PC, turn off the AsusFanControlService service and delete the AsusFanControlService folder from the C: / Program Files (x86) / ASUS directory , then the AsusFanService line in the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE-> Wow6432Node-> Asus is deleted in the registry, restart the PC and reinstall Fan Xpert from the driver disk for the motherboard or download from the Asus website.

9 REPLIES 9

jetguat
Level 7
This reply is from 2018. Is this still a valid way to fix this same issue in 2021? My brand new PC was working fine. I didnt notice (possibly got a windows update) but I started getting this very error. My attempts to uninstall and reinstall didnt work. Perhaps leftover crap in the registry. Not sure. My MOBO didnt comes with a driver disk, just link to the Asus site. The AI suite 3 didnt seem to have a separate fan control, just the DIG5 which I think includes the fan control.

jetguat wrote:
This reply is from 2018. Is this still a valid way to fix this same issue in 2021? My brand new PC was working fine. I didn't notice (possibly got a windows update) but I started getting this very error. My attempts to uninstall and reinstall didn't work. Perhaps leftover crap in the registry. Not sure. My MOBO didn't comes with a driver disk, just link to the Asus site. The AI suite 3 didn't seem to have a separate fan control, just the DIG5 which I think includes the fan control.

yeah it seems this problem came back in 2021. 2 different motherboards and CPU have the exact same problem. it's so annoying I can't even explain

jetguat wrote:
This reply is from 2018. Is this still a valid way to fix this same issue in 2021? My brand new PC was working fine. I didnt notice (possibly got a windows update) but I started getting this very error. My attempts to uninstall and reinstall didnt work. Perhaps leftover crap in the registry. Not sure. My MOBO didnt comes with a driver disk, just link to the Asus site. The AI suite 3 didnt seem to have a separate fan control, just the DIG5 which I think includes the fan control.

there is a workaround it that i found working(but it only fixes it temporary: so first close the ai suite from the bottom task bar(next to your time) than open task manager and look in processes for "AsusFanControlService" right click end process than you can reopen ai suite and it will work for some time till you get the silly error again

This solution didn't work for me. still get the annoying error and my AI SUITE won't load at all.
Please help!

Hello,
If you're still interested in a solution, I've posted the one I found on Stack Overflow.
I hope it will help you to unblock the situation.

Мне это помогло! Спасибо. Единственное я удалил все упоминания о AsusFanControlService из реестра 😉

I am delighted that this has helped you. In fact, I took the time to share the solution I found, so I am pleased that it may have been useful to someone else! Thanks for your feedback MrHotPixel.

Didasko
Level 8

Hello,

I encountered the same problem when I upgraded from version 2.01.12 to 3.01.10 of Asus AI Suite on Windows 11.

Unfortunately, the solutions suggested above don't work in my situation.

I finally found a solution that I detailed on Stack Overflow.

I hope it will be useful to those who need it.

Didasko

Didasko
Level 8

Hello,

I share with you the new link to the description of the solution I found.

As my post was not an "on-topic" on Stack Overflow, I transferred it to a more appropriate site (Super User), still part of the Stack Exchange network like Stack Overflow.

Here it is => https://superuser.com/questions/1803764/unable-to-start-ai-suite-3-after-updating-invalid-class-stri...

I hope it will be useful.

Didasko