Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone View Post
    Who knows. The original screen grabs you posted aren't just momentary blips, though. The performance seems to tank. What else is running in the background? Perhaps something is taking priority.
    Nothing.. like really nothing. I've got clean installed windows with only 2 games and drivers. No antivirus / no firewall.. simply nothing. Can it be caused by CPU for some reason? Because I have a chance to try another cpu tomorrow (i7 8700k too).. so might worth a try :/

ROG Guru: White Belt Array CODE MAXIMUS PC Specs
    CODE MAXIMUS PC Specs
    MotherboardMAXIMUS IX CODE • BIOS 1009
    Processor7700K • 4.5GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX • CMK16GX4M2B3600C18 ver4.31 • 3866MHz • 15-15-15-36-2CR
    Graphics Card #1ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
    Sound CardOnboard • SupremeFX S1220
    MonitorASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel Optane 900P 480GB
    CPU Cooler2016 EKWB Supremacy EVO • Acetal + Nickel • Straight Distilled Water
    CaseCORSAIR AIR 540
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850W P2
    Keyboard HyperX FPS Alloy TKL
    Mouse SteelSeries SENSEI 310
    Headset Coolermaster Masterpulse
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QCK Limited
    Headset/Speakers 100W BLACKWEB ZULU 2.1 • Soundbar + 8" Sub • TOSLINK
    OS WIN 10 64bit
    Network RouterNETGEAR X4S • Gigabit fiber optic connection
    Accessory #1 3X Corsair Magnetic Levitation 140mm PWM case fans
    Accessory #2 2X Corsair Magnetic Levitation 120mm PWM radiator fans
    Accessory #3 APC XS 1000 • Backup

What are your settings in Nvidia control panel for; Maximum pre-rendered frames and Preferred Refresh Rate?

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyPCP&C Turbo Cool 1200w
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Prism XL
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

I set Max Pre-rendered frames to 1 and yeah could try different refresh rates.

It's normal for the gpu to max out 100% with benchmarks and I suspect at 240Hz games will max it out too and is not a problem, cpu and gpu temps look good.

Could you record us a video with shadowplay and post it here, maybe if we can see what's happening it might tell us something.

How many Frames Per Second are you getting in ACO - BF1 and are they dipping below 60 FPS ?

To be fair, I'll post you a video of my machine running Destiny 2, you can see the FPS in the upper right corner.

ROG Enthusiast Array Quozzo PC Specs
    Quozzo PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme 0802
    ProcessorCore i9 7900X delidded 4.9GHz @ 1.26v
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skill Trident Z 3600CL15 @ 1.4v
    Graphics Card #1nVidia 1080Ti FE +175/+750
    Graphics Card #2nVidia 1080Ti FE +150/+500
    MonitorAcer Predator 27" 4K60 IPS G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 2TB 960 EVO NVMe
    Storage #2Corsair MX200 1TB && 1TB Toshiba NVMe
    CPU CoolerCustom Water Loop - 2x EKWB 480 XE, 1x EKWB 240 XE
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Logitech G19
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic Chroma
    Headset Sades SA903
    Mouse Pad Yes
    OS Windows 10 FCU
    Network RouterVirgin Superhub 3

Quote Originally Posted by luckerr View Post
    I got your point. But after checking some youtube videos with exact build (stock speed)... there is no issue you know. That's why I am confused.. and even more confused that it's not happening all the time? It's like every 2nd or 3rd banchmark in AC:O. Same as the stuttering in other games.. it's not constant.

https://imgur.com/A5RFpE1

https://imgur.com/Vi1bRqu

https://imgur.com/FBvPYKL - frametime spikes to 50-80ms

Do you think that maybe you can find something useful in these screenshots? This was taken while doing the benchmark. And my CPU is not even running 100% you know (to blame Denuvo).
    A CPU will never hit 100% in games as they usually utilise only two or four cores. What was each core's utilisation. If you have MSI AB or similar installed you should be able to alt+tab out and see if it hit 100% on any of the cores. Just one hitting 100% would be a CPU bottleneck.

Someone also mentioned you haven't overlcocked it, is that correct? If so it's possible you're only running on 3.7GHz since it will hit the TDP for more than 90s (i think is the spec) and downclock it to 3.7GHz. If you're attempting to run it at a high FPS you need all the clock speed you can squeeze out of it.

New ROGer Array

@CODE MAXIMUS tried all these settings already.. and messing also with another options there - nothing helped. My monitor is 240hz, so I made sure that it's also in Nvidia control panel

It's everytime when I pass ''some line/script'' in the game. It lags 1 second before when someone star talks. 1 second before some script is launched. Or If I pass some ''new area'' in the game. I know that it can be normal in some games (= engine). But this is happening in almost every game. Crysis 2, Witcher 3, The Long Dark, Assassins Creed Origin, Battlefield 1, even in WoW. Everything looks great when I am not moving in the game.. when I start to move and cross ''the script line'' or enter the city etc.. When lag spike occurs my gpu power% in MSI After Burner drops a bit down - https://imgur.com/EcvPenW

So I already tested my SDD + HDD in HDtune and everything is OK. There is no difference If the game is on SDD or HDD. I've already tried to disconnect my HDD and everyhting running from SSD (did not help).

So I don't know what can cause the problem? Any idea what else can I try? (I know that this is not normal regarding my old setup.. never had this problem before). I am really thinking about RMA the GPU. Because I changed the CPU over the weekend - did not help.

EDIT 1: https://imgur.com/a/bH4nV - you can see stuttering in Assassin's Creed:Origins benchmark. After alt-tabing in the middle, the rest went smooth. (This is not happening all the time when running bechmark.)

EDIT: 2: @Natel152 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqDYgDQboKg - It's from phone because I wanted to make sure I've got clean Windows with drivers and games only (no nvidia experiance etc..)
    Last edited by luckerr; 01-29-2018 at 02:57 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Quozzo View Post
    A CPU will never hit 100% in games as they usually utilise only two or four cores. What was each core's utilisation. If you have MSI AB or similar installed you should be able to alt+tab out and see if it hit 100% on any of the cores. Just one hitting 100% would be a CPU bottleneck.

Someone also mentioned you haven't overlcocked it, is that correct? If so it's possible you're only running on 3.7GHz since it will hit the TDP for more than 90s (i think is the spec) and downclock it to 3.7GHz. If you're attempting to run it at a high FPS you need all the clock speed you can squeeze out of it.
    I did not do any OC yet.. because I wanted to make sure that everything is running well before that. And I am 100% sure that CPU is working correctly 4,7 GHz 1 core.. and 4,3 GHz all 6 cores. (I've also tested it with another i7 8700k = same problem)

Nate152 PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core

Thank you

I would expect more FPS at 1080p unless you have the FPS capped which I don't use. Try turning off V-sync and don't use the FPS limiter, with V-sync on at 240Hz you will have bad stutter if below 240 FPS. In the game settings set Maximum Frames Per Second to unlimited.

How do you have the Nvidia control panel 3d settings set ?

Here are mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NVCP.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	204.8 KB 
ID:	71005

Is PhsyX set to the gpu ?

Is your memory running at 3200MHz ?

Here is the witcher 3 at 1440p with the highest in game settings. You can see my gpu is maxed to 99%, I have liquid cooling is why temps are low.

New ROGer Array

Thank you Nate .. I've made some changes regarding your settings.. and nope. Still the same. I can try that without the GPU .. only with the integrated one... but I don't think that I will be able to test it properly (I don't have a chance to try it with another card). Need to find some ''low detailed'' game. But thank you very much for helping.

Nate152 PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core

yeah I don't fool with the igpu either, I don't install the intel graphics driver.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your gpu.

I don't know if this might help but you could try setting the windows performance options to "Adjust for best performance".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	performance options.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	71008

ROG Member Array

Hello Friend,

Was your plate always like this? I have the same board as yours and after updating the MS KB4056892 my computer got like this, fast crashes during games and often without running anything heavy. (The games that caught most were the PUBG and Destiny2)

What solved my problem was:
    1 - I updated Bios
    2 - I formatted the PC
    3 - I installed all windows updates
    4 - after MS updates I installed all updated drivers
    5 - Intended AI Suite 3 Version 3.00.10
    6 - I installed the Afterburner and created a curve for the coolers not to stop of wheels (I stopped using the ASUS GPU Tweak II)
    7 - After all this, the computer returned to normal

MY CONFIGURATION
    PROCESSOR: I7 7740X 4.3GHZ
    MEMORIES: 16GB 3333MHZ (8GBX2) KINGSTON HYPERX PREDATOR
    MOTHER BOARD: ASUS MARK 1 X299
    SSD: TOSHIBA TL100
    VGA: ASUS STRIX 1080TI OC 11G

I hope I can help you, see you later!
    Last edited by pantanero; 01-29-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast