cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X399-E Issues and lack of support/updates

ulm_atms
Level 7
My question is simple. Does ASUS care about the X399-E STRIX board?

I have tried support multiple times with only canned responses and a new case number/person every single time I respond to any existing case number?!?

The only two questions I am wondering is when will RAID for NVMe drives be available(AMD released the drivers...waiting on BIOS)?....When will the next BIOS be available to fix stability issues?...

I get no answer for any support channel and every reply is a canned/non response.

So I ask you all... What is up with ASUS and the X399-E STRIX board?? The current BIOS is ANCIENT!!!! And that is horrible considering it's a brand new platform.

Any help?
5 REPLIES 5

a_lawson
Level 7
YES!! I cant believe they are taking so long!!!!! Very Unhappy!!!

I've also been waiting for a BIOS update since I bought the board in November. With the board I also purchased 2 NVMe SSDs assuming that a BIOS update will follow shortly. I also contacted ASUS support if they have an ETA for the next release but they couldn't tell me anything 😞 I'm glad for any news and hope that they release a new BIOS at the very latest with the launch of Ryzen 2...

Nexovox
Level 7
ulm_atms wrote:
My question is simple. Does ASUS care about the X399-E STRIX board?

I have tried support multiple times with only canned responses and a new case number/person every single time I respond to any existing case number?!?

The only two questions I am wondering is when will RAID for NVMe drives be available(AMD released the drivers...waiting on BIOS)?....When will the next BIOS be available to fix stability issues?...

I get no answer for any support channel and every reply is a canned/non response.

So I ask you all... What is up with ASUS and the X399-E STRIX board?? The current BIOS is ANCIENT!!!! And that is horrible considering it's a brand new platform.

Any help?

Good news. I just got a positive answer from ASUS 🙂 https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99666-STRIX-X399-E-Gaming-new-BIOS-0503

" I have tried support multiple times with only canned responses and a new case number/person every single time I respond to any existing case number?!?"

That's exactly how ASUS support center handle customer's issues...
The contact point changed every time I responded to their email....
some of them didn't even read my emails and provided me with wrong informations...

I was asking them about FanXpert4 issues and they apologized because of my replaced motherboard doesn't performed as expected! (I have never gone through RMA process to have my motherboard replaced):D:D
After what happened I have stopped contacting ASUS support and I'm not going to buy any of their products

The x299 cards are also unsupported and it looks like we've committed a major sin by contacting support.

You can bet that the Mark 1 x299 was the last Asus card I bought ...

Asus and Intel are already late ...