cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up NVME (M.2) as boot drive on Zenith Extreme

JoeCos
Level 7
Hello all,
I’m in the process of building my Zenith Extreme and wanted to get some guidance on how to setup my Samsung 960 M.2 EVO 1 TB (NVME) drive as my primary Win 10 Pro boot drive.

I’ve read few pages on Raid NVME and a bit confused if the setup process is the same. My goal is to setup a simple NVME boot drive. If there’s a guide or step by step somewhere that I can read up? , please forward a link or a response here is appreciated.

Also, I have few questions…..

- Are there M.2 drivers I need to load prior to install?
- What’s the difference between the M.2 and the Dimm.2 slots? is there any performance difference between the two?
- What is the best/stable Bios right now? 0902? (using GSkill F4-3200C14D-16GFX …. 4 sticks, 32gb)
- If you have other tips on how to setup ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

1 REPLY 1

BigJob
Level 10
You just install it as you would a regular drive and install Win 10 on it. Then select that drive as your primary drive under boot priority options if need be.

Are there M.2 drivers I need to load prior to install? No. Mobo will auto recognize the drive.
- What’s the difference between the M.2 and the Dimm.2 slots? is there any performance difference between the two? - Use M.2 slot, it's on board, therefore technically slightly lower latency than if on Dimm.2
- What is the best/stable Bios right now? 0902? (using GSkill F4-3200C14D-16GFX …. 4 sticks, 32gb)
- If you have other tips on how to setup ? - watch youtube videos