Increased CPU and GPU Temps after updating to Bios 304 [GL553VD]

After updating my BIOS to 304 my average CPU temp went from 77 to 85 and my average GPU temp went from 70 to almost 80! What would cause this? I've restored all previous settings I had before (setting maximum processor state to 99%, etc).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuyBuy View Post
    After updating my BIOS to 304 my average CPU temp went from 77 to 85 and my average GPU temp went from 70 to almost 80! What would cause this? I've restored all previous settings I had before (setting maximum processor state to 99%, etc).

i don't know;
    Upgrade bios to 305 in device manager:
    go to firmware >> expand >> right click >> update driver >> restart >> hands up

or downgrade bios to 303

Quote Originally Posted by bestasensual View Post
    i don't know;
    Upgrade bios to 305 in device manager:
    go to firmware >> expand >> right click >> update driver >> restart >> hands up

or downgrade bios to 303
    I did try that but it didn't work. Now I'm thinking something is wrong with the GPU because it seems to be the one causing the issues. I stress tested my laptop without the GPU and all temps were great. My GPU is actually hitting (and staying) at 85C! That is insane I've only had this computer for 5 months it'll be almost melted by the time my warranty is up.

I would normally open it up and reapply thermal paste, etc. but I don't want to void my warranty. Is this normal? Im thinking about giving ASUS a call but I've heard that they tell customers 90C CPU temps are normal (lol).

I've moved between 4 different versions of drivers and it has made little to no difference. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank you.

ROG Enthusiast Array

It helped to take the Fan out, take off the heatsink and cleaned dust away, and hair. my laptop is too 5 month.

You can also try a Air Clean Spray (Compressed Air)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon942 View Post
    It helped to take the Fan out, take off the heatsink and cleaned dust away, and hair. my laptop is too 5 month.

You can also try a Air Clean Spray (Compressed Air)
    I'm glad that worked, that'll be my last resort though because I really don't want to void my warranty in case something goes wrong.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I understand you

ROG Member Array

7 months of use and same problemes heres ... Asus made a bad laptop here and not want to answer , my laptop reach 89 C° , never more Asus.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Richard.p.r View Post
    7 months of use and same problemes heres ... Asus made a bad laptop here and not want to answer , my laptop reach 89 C° , never more Asus.
    What do you mean? It is not a bad laptop, it is a good one, with a good heatsink and a good big fan, what's your problem?
    Heat can cause many things, have you tried repaste or cleaning?