Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Ah, I see. Thanks.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M M L M View Post
    as for the pointing it's the sentelic that is indicate as my pointing device.?
    Try the Sentelic version 9.1.7.7 driver. I've read one post where a user said it resolved his touchpad disable on USB mouse connection issue.

I have already that version 1.04.04 but what should I do... do I am better to unistall thx .. is it good or not, do that worth it.. what's the difference that software change on the quality of the sound... the quality that I talk is more about the quality of the speaker system .. that laptop does not have any subwoofer or any under speaker. That laptop as only in top ( above) I dont know how say that) the speaker are just under the screen. no subwoofer under the laptop like my other laptop. That's make hugh difference when you lissening movie or playing the game.

do that change will raise the quality of the sound ?
    Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do to make the G74 built-in speakers sound better after eliminating the "Built-in Speakers" setting of THX TruStudio. They are just cheap little speakers. Headphones or external speakers are a must if you want any sound quality.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Wink what's the best I can do ?

Quote Originally Posted by dstrakele View Post
    Try the Sentelic version 9.1.7.7 driver. I've read one post where a user said it resolved his touchpad disable on USB mouse connection issue.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do to make the G74 built-in speakers sound better after eliminating the "Built-in Speakers" setting of THX TruStudio. They are just cheap little speakers. Headphones or external speakers are a must if you want any sound quality.
    So if I have understand, the best is to remove the THX STUDIO and the ALCHEMIE from creative. Do I am better to remove both of them ? What Alchemie is suppose to do ? From my opinion I have buy that computer for one reason, he was the more expensive and the biggest on the store... I explain, with the warantie I was lucky in the past 3-5 years... each time I buy one computer and purchase the extend waranty each time they was obligated to refound or to replace the computer after 2 years so that's the third laptop that I have from my first purchase in 2006. My first laptop was toshiba and after few time staples have sent to me credit for purchase in store.. but that first time I have learn how they do the evaluation and since that computer I have a new computer each 2 years free. The last time, my computer have die, the DV7 from HP and they send to me 1250 credit card for buy in store a new laptop so that one was amost free.. I choose that one for the graphic card because they are not easy to find laptop with 3 gb of ram so if that one broke in the future the warantie will need to send to me bigger credit ;o)

ok... so if I talk about the product inside.. do I need both creative application or I can remove them without affect the computer. I was just not sure...

This after noon or tomorow I will try to create my profile and my signature so you will see all I have on that computer and that will be more easy for all you.. again I am sorry for my bad english I speack french and I've learn english speaking only in some forum and in game with other player ! Good day to all you !

MMLM

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by M M L M View Post
    ok... so if I talk about the product inside.. do I need both creative application or I can remove them without affect the computer. I was just not sure...

This after noon or tomorow I will try to create my profile and my signature so you will see all I have on that computer and that will be more easy for all you.. again I am sorry for my bad english I speack french and I've learn english speaking only in some forum and in game with other player ! Good day to all you !

MMLM
    The Creative programs are entirely optional. You can uninstall them if you like, and the Realtek Audio Manager will take over all audio processing and equalization duties.

As I understand it, Creative ALchemy is used to enhance sound quality only in legacy games. See http://www.creative.com/soundblaster/alchemy/

BrodyBoy you can probably help me.

First of all, I am not happy with that computer, If I can make the change I will change any time for an other one. I have change 2 time already because they are not able to fix the problem with the pad, that's the second computer the first one staples have just change it instead of try to fix it any more.

Now the same problem continue.
    I will try to explain, but please dont forget I am french ! ;o)

The finger sensing pad. I have the version 9.1.3.5
    When you right click on the finger sensing pad icon and you click on the configure button ( last tab) you can set that Sentelic pad for detect and deactivate the sensing pad when you using external USB mouse.
    That said: The keypad can be enabled / disabled automatically according to your preference.
    At the second option, you can check the box ... (The message said Some users prefer the keypad is disabled when using an external USB mouse. Use this check box to activate the function. So I have check that box for disabled the pad when I have my USB mouse connected
    (almost 95% of the time). That work correctly for indeterminate time and then I don't know why the pad activate himself without reason. Sometime it's only because I have insert my USB key, my logitech USB headphone or sometime for no reason like right now at this exact moment ! That just did it. without any reason. the keypad is enabled now but I did'nt touch the mouse. I am typing and my finger just hit the pad and the mouse on my screen moved.

For that problem I hope that you have some suggestion for I can fix that problem myself. I will really appreciate if you can share that information with me.

Where I can download that version ? On the site I can download only the version that I have already

Uninstall the Sentelic 9.1.3.5 driver from"Control Panel-Uninstall a program, reboot, and install the version 9.1.7.7 driver. It resolves the touchpad reactivation issue..

Get it here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 09-13-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Uninstall the Sentelic 9.1.3.5 driver from"Control Panel-Uninstall a program, reboot, and install the version 9.1.7.7 driver. It resolves the touchpad reactivation issue..

Get it here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...untry=&status=.
    Thank's, I will try that, but why the forum have driver's that the official site of asus do not have ? I do not understand that point. almost all driver's of the official site are all 2011 and 2010 version, Do you know why?

It goes something like this :

1) ASUS has the laptops built using 3rd party devices (like touchpads from Sentelic, video cards from NVIDIA, etc.).

2) The 3rd party device makers develop the software drivers for their devices and send them to ASUS.

3) ASUS tests the drivers on the laptop (Quality Assurance Testing). If they encounter a problem with the driver, they send it back to the developer to be fixed. If there are no problems encountered in QA, they release the driver on the ASUS website

4) QA Testing is a very time-consuming process. But you can obtain the drivers when the device manufacturer releases them on THEIR website (before ASUS QA Testing).

5) ASUS makes money by selling laptops, not by providing you with the latest drivers for a laptop that has already been purchased. If they get a driver that passes QA, it may be quite some time before any new driver is released. NVIDIA releases new BETA version video drivers about every 2 weeks or so, but ASUS only QA tests the WHQL version releases that have passed NVIDIA BETA testing. That is why the NVIDIA drivers on the ASUS website are much older than the current NVIDIA release.

In summary, ASUS does not develop the drivers for their laptops (with the possible exception of the ATK Package drivers for the function keys and drivers for ASUS Bloatware apps). The 3rd party device manufacturers develop them for their devices.

ASUS makes their money selling laptops, not by providing the most current drivers. They only release drivers on the ASUS website that have passed QA Testing. QA Testing takes time, so the drivers released on the ASUS website are old. If you want the most recent drivers, you can download them from the device manufacturer website.

There will be a short quiz on this material tomorrow.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 09-14-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast