cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New GT-AC5300 Firmware 3.0.0.4.384_20287 issues

danoz0r
Level 8
Just updated to the new firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20287). Did a factory reset.
I'm only getting the 2.4ghz and 5G-1 and no 5G-2. Do you guys have the same problem?

Upon checking wireless log there is no 5G-2 broadcasting.
Also in the wireless settings, the 5G-2 is set to "Current Control Channel: 0" and it doesn't let me change it.

Could the 5G-2 be reserved for the AiMesh backchannel?

Can Asus confirm this?
15 REPLIES 15

Catalonia
Level 7
danoz0r wrote:
Just updated to the new firmware (3.0.0.4.384_20287). Did a factory reset.
I'm only getting the 2.4ghz and 5G-1 and no 5G-2. Do you guys have the same problem?

Upon checking wireless log there is no 5G-2 broadcasting.
Also in the wireless settings, the 5G-2 is set to "Current Control Channel: 0" and it doesn't let me change it.

Could the 5G-2 be reserved for the AiMesh backchannel?

Can Asus confirm this?

I am having the EXACT same issue.

My 5G Gaming network disappeared, the router admin page is erratic, (asking for a username and password every time), showing "unable to find" and really wrong data... I tried rebooting the router several times...

This firmware is just broken, and it DID broke my system. I am now unable to manage my router from the admin page, and my 5G gaming network is gone.

This is an example of how the router behaves

Asus, please help.

Catalonia wrote:
I am having the EXACT same issue.

My 5G Gaming network disappeared, the router admin page is erratic, (asking for a username and password every time), showing "unable to find" and really wrong data... I tried rebooting the router several times...

This firmware is just broken, and it DID broke my system. I am now unable to manage my router from the admin page, and my 5G gaming network is gone.

This is an example of how the router behaves

Asus, please help.

Did You factory reset router after the update ? It's supposed to help.

Man, I was looking fwd for the new firmware. Not installing it now.

Sauger wrote:
Man, I was looking fwd for the new firmware. Not installing it now.

No! Just don't upgrade until Asus releases a new "fixed" firmware.

danoz0r wrote:
Did You factory reset router after the update ? It's supposed to help.

No, I haven't. But I've managed to downgrade to the previous version from last August and everything seems to work again.

Is a shame for Asus how does it support it's "best" router. We haven't had any fix/update since August, and when they release one we get this extremely faulty firmware. Other Routers like the wonderful RT-AC88U had so many updates and fixes so often, (I used to have one that I've exchanged with this GT-AC5300). The only theory I have is that Asus is having trouble updating this Firmware for some unknown issues which they will never share with us, maybe a structural hardware design flaw... (Who knows...) Anyway, I regret so much my "upgrade" from the RT-AC88U to this GT-AC5300. I had nothing but issues since day one.

Sprayingmango
Level 10
I applied the new firmware without a problem. I see all 3 networks just as before, it kept all of my passwords and login info. Even my SAMBA drive. All intact.

Sprayingmango wrote:
I applied the new firmware without a problem. I see all 3 networks just as before, it kept all of my passwords and login info. Even my SAMBA drive. All intact.

Well, we haven't... lucky you!

Sometimes, same hardware can have different revisions or internal models that we aren't aware, or some specific configuration can actually mess up with the update... Who knows... Thing is, Asus should take care of this things and pass a decent quality control to avoid this to happen. At the moment here are two different users with the exact same issue. Too much of a coincidence.

This update should be pulled out until they find out what is happening, fix it and release a new version with a decent quality control check. IMHO

Catalonia wrote:
Well, we haven't... lucky you!

Sometimes, same hardware can have different revisions or internal models that we aren't aware, or some specific configuration can actually mess up with the update... Who knows... Thing is, Asus should take care of this things and pass a decent quality control to avoid this to happen. At the moment here are two different users with the exact same issue. Too much of a coincidence.

This update should be pulled out until they find out what is happening, fix it and release a new version with a decent quality control check. IMHO

Yes you are right! TWO reported issues out of how many thousands they've probably sold world wide... They should immediately stop and delete it!!!!!

Sprayingmango wrote:
Yes you are right! TWO reported issues out of how many thousands they've probably sold world wide... They should immediately stop and delete it!!!!!

Yeps.

They had to, and they just did.

Now there's a new version (3.0.0.4.384_20308) that fixes this issues.