cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XG258 overdrive setting? Inferior to PG? No black EQ?

Melodist
Level 7
Hello there,

I sold my PG258Q and got the XG258Q and I feel like I've gotten an inferior monitor? On the PG, I could select off, normal or more and on the XG it is 0 to 5, I mean, this is not very helpful at all, on the PG, normal was the best setting, on the XG, anything more than 0 seems to be bad, but 0 should be off so the PG has a better overdrive? And where is the black filter which the PG has? 😞

Normal OD is a lot more indicative than 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5... Looks like the PG is better than the XG?

Normal was the perfect setting for the PG and quite indicative but 0 to 5 tells me nothing. I think I'll give it back and get the Zowie.
4 REPLIES 4

Melodist
Level 7
Beyond 2 OD gives me already visible overshoots so what is the recommended "normal" level because the panel can't work without overdrive, getting under 4 ms, which is necessary given its E-Sport application? I'm really curious why am I the first person to complain about this? Nobody cares or nobody thought about it? Without the right overdrive, the monitor is worse than a 144 Hz display.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Which graphics card are you using, and do you have FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync enabled?
What kind of frame rates are you getting with your system?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Which graphics card are you using, and do you have FreeSync/Adaptive-Sync enabled?
What kind of frame rates are you getting with your system?

Geforce but I don't use G-Sync. Anyways, I returned the XG and got the PG instead which has a FAR BETTER overdrive than the XG and looks a lot smoother / has also better color accuracy in my opinion, could've been that one monitor I had though; the PG is a def. a keeper. The XG felt like a cheaper / less expensive version of the PG (image quality- /response-wise).

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Glad you're happy with your monitor. Getting the PG258Q to pair with your GeForce is the right decision. Any reason why you chose to disable G-Sync?