cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice - Broke DIMM Lever

Rocketczar
Level 7
Hi everyone. To sum it up, I was removing RAM and accidentally broke off one of levers on a DIMM slot (just the top part of the lever).

I went ahead and installed new RAM and it seated well. Seems to be locked in. My computer is working fine and no problems. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and MemTest86 with no errors.

My question is, is there anything I should know or be aware of even though everything seems good?

Thank you for any words of advice.

Mobo: Rampage Extreme IV
RAM: G.Skill F3-1866C10Q-32GZM
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If the RAM module is firmly seated in the slot then no problem.

Obviously the locking mechanism would help but if it's broken it's broken....or is it just the nub that broke off...is the lower locking part still on?

Either way just try not to knock the computer and if you do just make sure the module is seated down totally when the PC is off...

Rocketczar
Level 7
Thanks for the reply. The bottom half of the lever is still there and seems to have locked in place, it was just the top part that you push on that broke off. I was just worried the RAM would eventually come loose over time without the top part. I guess I can just check every time I open it to clean out the dust. Cheers.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, just keep an eye on it. Should be fine if it's locked in. The only hard part would be removing it maybe but you can cross that bridge...

🙂