cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering BIOS Always Greeted By Popup - 'Load Previous Values' - How Kill This?

SlackROG
Level 10
Hello,

I've tried several bios versions and I see the same thing.

Press F2 Key, enter BIOS, popup screen appears saying 'Load Previous Values' with a OK and Cancel button at the bottom, and even if I click Cancel the previous values are loaded, this is rubbish!

Does anyone know what I'm talking about in regards to this popup screen when entering the bios? I'm assuming everyone sees this as well?

Is there anyway to get rid of this?

I go into my bios several times in a week because I do system backups, which has the backup app installed on a usb stick, so I need to change the boot order, and I have several usb sticks with various systems and apps on them, so I need to put them at the top of the boot order. I'm not sure if there is a way to just have the bios setup to boot from a usb stick automatically so I don't have to change this boot order all the time too?

After the 'Load Previous Values' screen appears and I click Ok, then I'm placed under the 'Advanced Mode' section, under 'Extreme Tweaker', this is a screen shot I found online of the Advanced Mode section, showing 'Extreme Tweaker', which I'm assuming everyone understands...

https://dlcdnimgs.asus.com/websites/global/products/zPyrjm9VUHZjGMSH/img/rog_performance_11.jpg

I would of assumed the correct behaviour here is, after clicking OK, I would at least be placed under what I'd call the HOME page of the bios, the EZ- Mode section here;

https://dlcdnimgs.asus.com/websites/global/products/zPyrjm9VUHZjGMSH/img/rog_performance_10.jpg

This to me seems like a real blunder on desgin of Asus that needs fixing, again, unless this 'Load Previous Values' can be by passed and I can be sent straight to the EZ- Mode section?

I also bought one of the latest Strix motherboards and it never showed this 'Load Previous Values' screen when entering the bios and it also automatically opened up to the EZ-Mode section, so I see Asus has changed this in newer boards, understanding this is a normal way to do this, but I would also expect to see the same thing in these boards, since these are still being sold and supported and they are a little costly too, not excatly a bottom-end board.

Hmm
1 REPLY 1

SlackROG
Level 10
Oh forgive me Fellow Geeks for being so lazy! LOL...

I found it! WoOt

Advance Mode > Boot > Setup Mode 🙂

Oh Gosh I feel small, my Penguin status has been demoted... LMAO 😉