cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan headers on Hero X

will_s
Level 7

have added another fan to the bottom of my case and put one of the front fans into the CPU OPT fan header ....... and the pump is plugged into the AIO fan header

Now want to add another fan to the bottom of the case and was wondering what headers can I use ? Now I dont use the Asus software because basically its"not my cup of tea" and let the BIOS control everything. So what other fan header can I use and how will they operate ( be controlled by the bios ) ? Is it ok to use the CPU_opt as I am now ?

Basically have no idea about fan headers and what can be connected

btw: fan will fit at bottom as its the Corsair 740 cube and the bottom doesnt have the PSU there
will
8 REPLIES 8

well the fans are 3 pin case fans and they say plug a 4 pin into the CPU so leave that one alone

also I guess the fans show as .30amps on label so they can run on the fan headers without upsetting anything

I assume H-Amp IS HIGHSPEED ? Just though I read that it runs at high speed all the time ?

and the BIOS will control everything smoothly
will

will_s wrote:
well the fans are 3 pin case fans and they say plug a 4 pin into the CPU so leave that one alone

also I guess the fans show as .30amps on label so they can run on the fan headers without upsetting anything

I assume H-Amp IS HIGHSPEED ? Just though I read that it runs at high speed all the time ?

and the BIOS will control everything smoothly

The CPU_OPT header is slaved to the CPU header. You should only use similar fans (same make/model) on those two headers, especially if you want to configure a profile that is tailored to take full advantage of the fan's characteristics.

so i have 3 fans connected to the CHA 1, 2, 3 fan headers i have 2 more fans i would like to connect to a fan header. which one should i connect this to?

Nate152
You can connect a case fan to any of the marked fan headers in the above picture.

The H_Amp_Fan header supports up to 3 amps, you can connect a 3 pin fan to it, the speed of a 3-pin fan is adjusted by voltage control.

Nate152
Yeah I wouldn't recommend connecting a case fan to the cpu, cpu_opt headers. Let those for the cpu cooler.

You can connect them to any of the available headers listed above, you can connect them to the EXT_fan, H_Amp, W_Pump or AIO header , whichever is more convenient.

c-attack
Level 7
Probably time to take the easy approach and invest in a couple of $4 PWM fan cable splitters.

will_s
Level 7
Its the cost of the mail...................but next time I order some PC parts will get dust filters, cable splitters added. But in the meantime I stripped my Corsair Commander from another case along with its 6 RGB fans and put them in. Phone doesnt take a good pic as they are all a nice soft shade of green then blue above 60c and if GPU goes over 80C they all go red
Havent bothered tidying up the cables in the front of the case.......

but its a cooler day down under and the temps are impressive especially on my M'2 drive which was what I wanted cooler...now sitting at 29C when I type this and everything else is nice and cool with 5 fans blowing in
will