cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA returned, nothing done.

beardofsocrates
Level 7
Hi there,

I recently sent an ASUS 980 ti strix for a fan repair (middle fan bearing was making a lot of noise). After about a week, the card was returned but I noticed something odd about the action report:

"Send back to another party for repair
TAT OVERDUE - Parts shortage'

This seems to be clear that nothing was fixed, and the warranty wasn't honored, but to be sure I contacted customer service to clarify that message. After 4 days, and 4 representatives promising to callback I finally got an agent who confirmed what I had assumed (I don't know your name, but thanks for doing your best!).

The same representative prepared another RMA, and I'm sending the card back again to the same place. A little bit of history, my original 980 ti strix lasted 2 years before sparking and catching fire. Never seen anything like that before, but nothing else was damaged surprisingly. I sent that card back and got the current one as a refurbished replacement. That same card had fan issues to begin with, but I had assumed giving it time, and cleaning it would improve it; it didn't. Seeing as how the first card was a health and safety issue, and this being sent back without any attempt at repairing it, I'm frustrated with the lack of customer care from the repair center.

To the point, I'm reaching out to the forums hoping that someone can help insure a smooth RMA process. I will gladly take another 980ti strix replacement (if there aren't any issues like before), but if there aren't any models available, is it possible to receive either a similar card, or an upgrade?

My RMA# USPCJ13047

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Bill
Level 7
Hello beardofsocrates

Can you please send me a PM with any of the following details that you do have available?

Product S/N:
Case ID#:
RMA#: USPCJ13047

Also please pass me your contact details:
Full name:
Phone#:
Email:

I'll pass your case to related personnel and department for further investigation
Thank you