cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rog g752vy - RMA bad story

pigulici
Level 8
I write this as awareness warning not as lament:

So , I have Asus rog g752vy with i7 6700hq + 980m, at the time I bought it was 2150 USD, I used most for graphics work, and less for games.
Now, after 1.5 years of use, I started to see two big hue/color stain starting to spread on the display, I wait, though it is software problem, reinstalled the OS, put linux, so on, was hardware issue with the display.
I called the Asus Service Center (the laptop still had warranty) on 08.12.2017, they put me in touch with a asus service from another town( here the law it is than in 14 days I must have a result, money or the fixed part back, because the december month it is a slow in work at me, I though it is good to send it).
The mail company take my laptop on 12.12.2017 after a lot of calls. On 20.12.2017 I got it back, and as I was fear, they resolved my issue and broke another 2, now I had 2 white stuck pixels on the center of the screen and the G-sync don't work anymore.
I called back to the service, they treat me like i was a thief, and I was supposed to say thank for what they did.
After more calls and emails, I call the Asus Rma Center, they put me in touch with another service from another town, again need to explain the problem, so on.
I got it back resolved, as it shoud be from begining (the display need to be changed) on 04.01.2018, so they need it almost a month + a lot of energy +calls+ emails from me to fix it.

All this time was a light winter, no snow + over 5C.
Meanwhile I had had to work on a low 15" laptop, because my clients don't wait for my service, and the experience was bad(the screen had colors abberations).

So what I learn:
- if you buy a expensive/premium laptop from Asus, if need RMA, they will treat worst than a usual product customer
- need to have tech savy to not get burn by asus service + a lot of patience and time/energy
- some services know less about products than they should
- Asus have a shady way to use g-sync in the laptop, my display was replaced with almost same model(with a g752vs model), the only difference was that mine had 1 at the end on model number , the replaced had 3), so they white list a combination of mbd+cpu+panel for the g-sync to work, this mean that you can't replace that display (if any issue arise) with anything else that fix that model.
- in same amount of money I got a powerful pc(i7 8700+ gtx 1080), if you don't need portability, don't buy a laptop
- the software/firmware issues on asus laptops are slower to be resolved(if will be) than other products(like a motherboard)

I don't think the asus products are bad, but I think the support it is bad(funny thing it is that now I have a Asus mbd in my new pc, and happy about it, but wasn't my 1st choice, not even 2nd, was the 3rd choice, I wanted a gygabyte, then a asrock, but was out of stock), so for a while I will have this in mind when I will buy something from them(if).
3 REPLIES 3

Clintlgm
Level 14
Just so you know, if you have an RMA its best to get an Asus employee to assist you to find them by the cl-name CL is customer loyalty. Its best to for this forum PM cl-albert he is the CL for these forums here in the states. He can be very helpful.
Your quite correct no notebook is going to replace a desktop for business level programs. Graphics especially and Gaming notebooks especially since there usually tweaked for gaming which doesn't correlate that it will be good for Auto Cad or Photoshop. If you do have to go mobile in your business they will work for you. I do most of my professional work on my desktops. However, I do work away from the office. I go to ships and boats at sea for days or weeks at a time and the G752VY I have now and the G75VW that I previouly had worked out well for me.

Asus support is lacking badly I have 2 RMA with my G75 first one was returned to me without the issue being addressed at all. the 2nd cl=albert got involved and my G75 is working still today for my sister in FL. Asus Support is an equal opportunity program, However, I don't think any other manufacturer is going to be any better.

I have all Asus Motherboards I like them. However, if you do ever have a problem the tech support sucks just as bad as it is for notebooks. Your best bet for fixing things yourself is right here on these forums.

Being in this forum since 2012 I could clearly see that the G752VY DH72 were the best that Asus had put out in a long time, I have to wait a year to get one at an affordable price $1600. I haven't seen that the latest G752VX are good at all, we see lots of issues with them. So it pays to spend a little time here.

It sounds like you eventually did get a working notebook and it should last you for several years my G75 was 5 years old when I sent it to my sister. I personally like to buy new every 3 years, however, watching this forum I saw that the G750 and G751 both had major issues and the G752 were very expensive but for the most part, they didn't have many issues.

I don't think any notebook manufacture still have next day repair or replace like Gateway had maybe Dell not sure. I just like the Asus Gaming notebooks since Gateway went away.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

pigulici
Level 8
Well, when it works, it is the best laptop from his time, not so many issues versus others, even now it is more reliable than the new generation from asus, just here, acer(with worst hardware) service it is better than asus, and I didn't want it in 2 days back, just not in month , and this was fast because I pressed them with calls and emails.

pigulici wrote:
Well, when it works, it is the best laptop from his time, not so many issues versus others, even now it is more reliable than the new generation from asus, just here, acer(with worst hardware) service it is better than asus, and I didn't want it in 2 days back, just not in month , and this was fast because I pressed them with calls and emails.

Yes like I said it helps to enlist and CL guy to assist cl-albert office is just down the street from the repair center in CA.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro