cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Headset Microphone Too Quiet!

Dalski
Level 8
I have an Asus, Cerberus Arctic Headset which has audio ports (not usb) and I cannot get the microphone to work properly. I've tried:

• Realtek Audio HD: Removing suppression and echo reduction; if the microphone is up high - it needs echo reduction or it over sensitizes itself (if that's a thing);
  • Realtek Audio HD: Microphone volume down; better with not having blank voids of sound where the above "over sensitizes itself" however it's still unusuable;
  • Realtek Audio HD: Disabling and going through Windows Playback Devices; no improvement;
  • Realtek Audio HD: Trying all variations of settings; Nearly a whole day recording sounds and playing back to listen for improvement;
  • Changed sound output to come from the monitor and not through the headset when recording; better with interferance/ clarity but still unusuable;
  • Updating Drivers; newest is installed;
  • Troubleshooting in Windows 10; unsuprisingly it says fine;

Suprisingly reviews seem to be quite good for this headset but this was the same with the Asus Sika mouse but I found this to be unusable.

My question is - The problem of Windows 10 with a low sounding microphone seems to be quite common and leads me to think it's a software issue. I cannot afford to spend another day trying to configure the microphone headset and I only need a microphone really (not for gaming for screen movies, presentations things like that).
If I was to purchase a better microphone would this eradicate the problem or is the usb connection better for microphones? I would've thought analogue would be better for sound.
2 REPLIES 2

Dalski
Level 8
Sorry, an external microphone is not appearing in the Recording Playback Devices.

Recordings using the laptop microphone are pretty good.

It seems the external microphone is not appearing at all.

xeromist
Are you using a splitter to connect to separate headphone & mic jacks on the laptop? Maybe the splitter is faulty or the wrong type for the Cerberus?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…