cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did i have faulty hardware ? 2 issues on fresh Windows 10 installation.

lpiotrowski211
Level 7
Hello.
My cpu 8700K
16GD DDR GSKILL XMP ( 3000mhz )

2 disks: SSD Crucial 525 GB MX300, HDD TOSHIBA 500GB 7200RP

I downloaded from microsoft Windows 10 1709 and make bootable iso in Pendrive Kingston Data Traveler.
During install i format SSD and HDD. I choose to install Windows 10 to SSD.
After installed Windows 10
I faced this issue:

http://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2017/11/high-cpu-usage-with-state-repository-service-in-windows-10-...

My Windows 10 computer has became slow after cleaned install of Fall Creators. When I load some website in Edge and click on any link, nothing happens and the browser keeps hangs.
When I load some website in Edge or Firefox or Chrome ( no matter ) and click on any link, nothing happens and the browser keeps hangs. Next then I open the Immersive control panel or Settings app and click on any setting, the same problem appears.

After 2-3 restarts issue gone. But i tried to reproduce this issue and i format disk again and installed Win 10 again from pendrive. But this time all was fine.
And my question is. Why after second format and second clean install Windows 10 i dont had this issue? Thank you for explanation. Cheers
From what i read from internet problem is reproducable. I met peoples that they reproduce issue by each fresh install on formatted partition. So why i cant?

Just want to be sure if my hardware is fine.
1 REPLY 1

xeromist
Could have been a bad driver or Windows patch. Microsoft is continuously rolling out new drivers for different hardware so it's possible your most recent install coincided with a bug fix. If it happened every time before and now it does not happen at all then I'd say the issue sounds corrected.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…