cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My ASUS Z270G STRIX Motherboard

techdude2018
Level 7
Hello, all Asus people!

First off, when I first got this motherboard in September 2017, I thought it was the coolest motherboard ever. The RGB on the chipset just makes everything perfect!

Unfortunately this week I have been having some serious problems:
ASUS Aura is not detecting the chipset RGB on my motherboard but is detecting the Corsair Vengeance RGB memory. They are not synced at the moment.
Every time I try to update to the new AI Suite 3 3.00.13, I am getting the error:
CreateProcess Failed (193)
When I do set up AI Suite 3 with these errors along the way, it causes the program to function badly.
Even when I do update to the new ASUS AURA, I get the error:
Failed to install AXSP Service!

The specs of my computer are:
ASUS Z270G STRIX Motherboard
Intel Core i7 7700K Processor
Corsair Vengeance RGB (2x8GB) 16GB 3200Mhz RAM
Corsair H100i V2 Liquid Cooler
Corsair 256GB Force LX SSD
HGST Red NAS 7200RPM 6TB HDD

If anyone can contact me as to why I have these crazy problems, that would be excellent!
9 REPLIES 9

Johan45
Level 7
I would uninstall aura and AI suite raja has a cleaner here to remove all files after your uninstall https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner

The if you wish re-install the updated versions.

Johan45 wrote:
I would uninstall aura and AI suite raja has a cleaner here to remove all files after your uninstall https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95038-AI-Suite-3-cleaner

The if you wish re-install the updated versions.

I followed your instructions. I uninstalled Aura and Ai Suite 3 using that cleaner you shared with me. I still get the Create Process Failed (193) error when I attempt to update to the newest version.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Instead of updating, try uninstalling the old version then installing the latest one.

I did, no go.:mad:

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
Try running CCleaner to clean the registry then try installing again.

Tried it, no go.

Nate152

Nate152 wrote:
If you're having serious problems I might try a fresh install of windows.

Actually, I just install the version that came on the CD. That's the only version of Ai Suite 3 that actually works.

This worked for me.
Can't remember where I seen this solution

Right click on installer and check unblock

unzip

Right click on installer and run as administrator.

This worked for me.