cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost incompatible graphic card

DSD27
Level 7
I actually thought that I wouldn't be able to install my new card. I really had to press it against the motherboard, because the wihite piece of the pcie slot wasn't clicking/closing, but it end up going into place. I really don't understand why they made this cards like this. (Expedition GTX 1070).

Also, should I remove those stickers? Aren't they harmful? One of them has the serial number.

3 REPLIES 3

Menthol
Level 14
The problem isn't on the end where you have identified with circles, the problem is typically the other end where where you screw it to the case is not allowing the card to seat fully and level with the motherboard, sometimes bending the tab where you insert the screws ever so slightly may allow to seat better.

You should leave the stickers in case of future RMA is needed

Menthol wrote:
The problem isn't on the end where you have identified with circles, the problem is typically the other end where where you screw it to the case is not allowing the card to seat fully and level with the motherboard, sometimes bending the tab where you insert the screws ever so slightly may allow to seat better.

In this case the problem is exactly where I identified with circles. The closed pastic cooler was touching the motherboard and I had to force it. The other side went in very easily and perfectly as usual. This card with that closed part of the cooler is different from the normal, normally cards have an opening there or a smaller corner design.

Menthol wrote:

Thanks. I think I'm going to leave them there. I just wanted to know if it was dangerous to keep them there, but since it's ok...

JustinThyme
Level 13
Don’t think you will have to worry about RMA on a VI. You are paying for that no matter what.*
I always carefully remove the stickers with a little heat from a hair dryer and put them on a piece of wax paper then store them with the other documentation. I don’t get why they totally ruin the aesthetics with an ugly sticker where it shines like a sore thumb. Put that crap on the back of the board or where it’s inconspicuous. I don’t believe any company would void a warranty over a sticker unless it’s a seal that’s states warranty voided If seal removed. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein