cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus ix hero - cooler master v850

AccordMax
Level 7
Good morning,
I installed a Cooler Master V850 on my new PC with Motherboard Asus Maximus IX Hero.

When I connect the PC's power cable to the mains, it takes about 2.60 seconds for the motherboard to be powered and the red POWER Onboard button lights up, so you can start the PC.

I did a Crosstest having 3 Cooler Master V850 and it always takes 2.60 seconds.

At the suggestion of the Asus Contact Center, I also tried another power supply, an old Enermax 625w, on the Maximus IX Hero, and the time that the Power Onboard Red button on the Motherboard turns on is 1.60 seconds

On an Asus z170-a Motherboard with the V850 Cooler Master Power Supplies it takes 1.60 seconds when the PWR_LED light comes on.

So I wanted to know if the behavior of the Cooler Master V850 power supplies is correct.

I also contacted Cooler Master but they still have not replied to me.

What do you think?

Thank you

Regards
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Some board and PSU take time to make the first round of electrifying the entire board. On a EVGA is almost 1 sec, same as corsair etc. do not worry about it. Enjoy your Motherboard. I have one and is fantastic. happy gaming/productivity
Learn, Play Enjoy!

thanks for the answers, I have 4 PCs at home, i the time of 2.6s seemed a bit too much, however, the PC works perfectly, I just wanted some opinion and experience with their Maxumus IX. thank you

AccordMax wrote:
thanks for the answers, I have 4 PCs at home, i the time of 2.6s seemed a bit too much, however, the PC works perfectly, I just wanted some opinion and experience with their Maxumus IX. thank you

most welcome. i always recommend having some APC or preferd brand device on site. Here is a most. 2.6s is nothing to worry about. i was planning to build another asus coolermaster machine but i got sick. but i will try to make it on 2018! Enjoy the build
Learn, Play Enjoy!

THE RESPONSE OF COOLERMASTER:

Dear Mr./Ms, Thank you for your inquiry. It's a combination from the motherboard and PSU. The motherboard gives a signal to the PSU that the voltage is correct when you turn on the system. It can be that the other PSU maintain a higher margin and therefore get's the signal faster. It's however no problem that the V850 is not that quick as it depends on the motherboard and PSU. When you have any other question please let us know. Kind regards, Cooler Master support