Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MRBULL View Post
    did you change the m2_1 to PCIE? on your screen shot it says AUTO
    I did, tested it with PCIE in the BIOS, still same results, x2

Any other suggestions?

ROG Member Array

For M.2 SSDs they're connected via x2 or x4 PCIe lanes to the motherboard chipset.

M.2 SSDs can run in either PCIe/NVMe or SATA modes.

The motherboard chipset only has so many PCIe lanes available (24?), because Intel didn't have competition when they made Z170 and figured 4 cores+a pitiful number of PCIe lanes was fine for desktop users forever, so motherboard manufacturers have to share those PCIe lanes between the physical SATA ports, the M2.1 and M2.2 slots, the third PCIe x16 slot, and the various other devices (USB, sound, network, etc) on the motherboard.

I could have sworn there was a table in the manual showing which chipset devices share PCIe lanes (and can't be used together), but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Anyway, the point is when you see "SATA Port X is disabled when using M2.Y" other than not plugging something into both (because at most one of the two will work), you don't have to do anything. The "disabling" happens automatically.

@OP, which PCIe x16 slots are you using, which M2.X slots, and which SATA ports?

Unless you have more than two SATA 2.5" SSDs or 3.5" HDDs try connecting them on the middle two SATA ports. Those aren't shared with anything.

New ROGer Array

Not seeing all my drives in the Bios settings

Hi Folks,
    I am having some problems with my new setup, I could use some help. Here is the setup. I'm not seeing the M.2 drive installed on the adapter card, as well as the 64gb ssd installed on sata 4 connection on the motherboard. I could not use the M.2_1 slot on the motherboard to install the ssd because the manual said that it is not a sata conection but a pcie one. What should I do in the bios settings to make these drive all work, I am not seeing these two drives in the Bios settings.

Thankx..

Motherboard: Asus Z370-A 1151 coffee lake
    Processor: i5 8600k 3.6 1151
    Graphic card:MSI Geeforce GTX 950 Gaming 2G -Slot pci x16_1
    8gb of ram DDR 4 2666
    closed loop water cooler
    Transcend MTS800 M.2 SSD 128Gb - M.2_1 port (OS Win 10)
    Startech PCI Express x 4 to M.2 Pcie SSD adapter - slot pci x 16_2 (with crucial M.2 250 Gb MX500 installed)
    1Tb HDD toshiba - Sata 2
    Kingston SSD 64Gb - Sata 4

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Deepcuts View Post
    If M.2_2 is set at x4, SATA 5 & 6 are disabled.
    This is my setup also.
    If M.2_2 is set at x2, SATA 5 & 6 are NOT disabled, but the nvme SSD has half the required bandwidth, thus lower speeds.
    I have 2 Samsung 970 Evo plus but i cant see the second one in windows. I saw both disks during installation and in bios.
    Set to x4 a d that other that enables multiple disks and turns off sata 5 and 6.

Can u share Bios settings?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3