Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    New ROGer Array

Hello. I have a laptop ASUS G751JT equipped with a M.2 PCIe port and Windows 10 last version.
    I followed your method. My computer restarts well as long as I don't install the NVMe SSD.
    When I connect my SSD PNY CS3030 1To NVMe PCIe Gen 3 x 4, my computer gets stuck on an empty screen I rule CSM Launch on Disable. My computer stays stuck on the ASUS logo if I rule CSM launch on enable. The F2 button is inactive. I can't get into the BIOS. In order for it to restart normally, I have to remove the NVMe SSD to hand over the SATA SSD.
    So I started the NVMe SSD using an external USB-C case. I cloned W10 on it. It doesn't change anything as soon as I place the NVMe SSD on port M.2.
    As soon as I connect the NVMe SSD to the M.2 port, the computer does not boot. Please, do you have a solution?
    I'm sorry if I'm not very clear. I don't speak very good English and I use the translation module to communicate with you.
    Thank you so much for your help !

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Machin-Truc View Post
    Hello. I have a laptop ASUS G751JT equipped with a M.2 PCIe port and Windows 10 last version.
    I followed your method. My computer restarts well as long as I don't install the NVMe SSD.
    When I connect my SSD PNY CS3030 1To NVMe PCIe Gen 3 x 4, my computer gets stuck on an empty screen I rule CSM Launch on Disable. My computer stays stuck on the ASUS logo if I rule CSM launch on enable. The F2 button is inactive. I can't get into the BIOS. In order for it to restart normally, I have to remove the NVMe SSD to hand over the SATA SSD.
    So I started the NVMe SSD using an external USB-C case. I cloned W10 on it. It doesn't change anything as soon as I place the NVMe SSD on port M.2.
    As soon as I connect the NVMe SSD to the M.2 port, the computer does not boot. Please, do you have a solution?
    I'm sorry if I'm not very clear. I don't speak very good English and I use the translation module to communicate with you.
    Thank you so much for your help !
    Hello Machin-Truc,

Did you modded your BIOS to include the NvmExpressDxe_4 module as described on the first post in the thread?
    You must be sure that the inclusion of the module into the BIOS was successful (step 18).
    The module position is very important. Must be the last one just after the LANDriver.

Also it is recommended to make the changes into the latest BIOS (version 213).
    You must first update to BIOS 213 than extract it from your machine to make the modifications (this way you will not lose your Ethernet Adapter's MAC address).
    Last edited by Kinomoto; 12-19-2020 at 07:31 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalIIzation View Post
    Hi all,

I am currently utilizing a 128 GB SSD which has been filled to the brim with windows updates thereby preventing me from upgrading to windows 10.
    Consequently, I made the decision to buy a 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, unaware that it was incompatible with the ASUS ROG G751JY.

I therefore stumbled upon this thread and therefore believed I found my saving grace.
    I'd cloned my prior SSD with the windows 8.1OS and files over to the new SSD, alas I am currently still facing difficulties booting from the new SSD despite following the provided steps to MOD the BIOS in accepting NVMe SSDs.

The error which appears would be that windows would continuously attempt to diagnose the computer at boot up and end up being unable to find a solution before restarting in a continuous loop.

I was wondering if there were any BIOS settings which i should be particularly mindful of during the OS boot up?
    Either that or would it be the case that I am to conduct a fresh windows installation on a empty drive? (I had attempted this with a windows 8.1 thumb drive but the installer states that the hardware is incompatible...)
    Or would this be the case that windows 8.1 is entirely incompatible with this mod as well?

This is the first time that I am attempting to clone a OS drive and as such would like to seek any possible assistance in this matter.

Note: Utilized BIOS Ver 213 alongside the NvmExpressDxe_4 module in my installation of the mod.
    Hello CrystalIIzation,

Maybe the problem was with the clone process.
    I recommend MiniTool Partition Wizard or EaseUS Partition Master to do so.

Also you must be sure that the inclusion of the NvmExpressDxe_4 module into the BIOS was successful (step 18).
    The module position is very important. Must be the last one just after the LANDriver.

Did you try to boot removing all of your SATA storage devices leaving only the NVMe drive plugged?

Another possible solution is to install (before cloning the drive) Samsung's NVMe drivers for Windows 8: https://www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Reco...e-Drivers.html
    Last edited by Kinomoto; 12-19-2020 at 07:24 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kinomoto View Post
    Did you modded your BIOS to include the NvmExpressDxe_4 module as described on the first post in the thread?
    You must be sure that the inclusion of the module into the BIOS was successful (step 18).
    Hi Kinomoto. I followed every step well and I checked everything from version 213. Everything is good except when I plug in the NVMe SSD. I wonder if I don't have a PCIe problem because I have WIFI disconnections with complete disappearance of connection points. The DVD burner is not detected all the time. I have to say I've had a lot of problems with my G751 since I bought it. Maybe there is a pcIe malfunction but I don't know how to test that. There had been a lot of crashes during the standby outings until I removed the HS battery. I wonder if an MOFFSET would not have burned and caused all my worries. I even had to replace the BIOS with a new one that I welded in place of the old one that was HS. The LAN network card is no longer recognized either. I'd like to order a new motherboard from Aliexpress but I don't know if the hardware will be reliable. Anyway thank you for your answer if you know how I can test the ICHE. Have a nice day.

New ROGer Array

Question

Hello.I finally managed to make my NVMe work. I changed my motherboard which was defective. Now everything is working well but I can't get the same performance as you. Can you help me make the adjustments?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benchmark SSD.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	87654

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Machin-Truc View Post
    Hello.I finally managed to make my NVMe work. I changed my motherboard which was defective. Now everything is working well but I can't get the same performance as you. Can you help me make the adjustments?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	benchmark SSD.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	87654
    Hello Machin-Truc, since the advertised performance of your drive is 3.500MB/s for reading and 3.000MB/s for writing those results are really strange.

Are you using Windows 10 default NVMe Drivers ("Standard NVM Express Controller")?

Please download Crystal Disk Mark from the official website: https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskmark/

Run the 64bit version of the software and select "NVMe SSD" in the "Settings" menu.
    Set the test file size to 1GiB.

Make sure TRIM is enabled for your NVMe drive: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-e...sd-performance

Make sure that all partitions in your NVMe drive are aligned: https://www.howtogeek.com/270358/how...ts-partitions/

New ROGer Array

ASUS G751JT BIOS 213 + NvmExpressDxe_4

Maybe someone needs it.
    Checked for SSD Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB MZ-V7S1T0BW
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Q6...ew?usp=sharing

New ROGer Array

Did this with BIOS Rev 213 - Success

I was nervous, but went through the process without a problem with the BIOS update using version 213. Until I hit a snag imaging my previous Windows 10 install to my new NVME drive (WD Blue SN550 1TB).

The image was successful to the new drive using a USB to PCIe adapter and Macrium. However after installing, Windows would not boot and went straight to recovery. I had to reinstall (Refresh) my Windows 10. Luckily I had a backup, and was able to recover most of my data. Most likely Windows was not loading a NVMe driver to recognize the new drive. A fresh install fixed that.

Just a bit of info to pass on. Before doing this I contacted ASUS support (just curious what they would say) to see if they would provide an updated BIOS with NVMe support for these laptops. I got a polite brush off. Though the Tech did say that these laptops (G751) by design do not support any SSD larger than 256GB, which I thought was very strange for them to say.

1 now have a WD 1TB SN550 Blue NVMe M.2 SSD installed as my boot device, and a Crucial MX500 1TB as a storage device. Thanks for all the help and this guide.

Supa

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10