Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by mpgioia View Post
    As per email I sent you. Yes.. it worked with the Afuwin version you used.. the older version.. I managed to find it online somewhere.. the Afuwin version from AMI website didn't work.
    (So for what it's worth.. for others in this thread.. or looking to mod.. you'll need 3.05.## Afuwin.. I have it and can host it if others need it. PM me.)

However.. @christian.. as per my email to you.. what's your comments on the NVMe DXE version 4 driver that has been released since you originally released the procedure.. versus the version 3 you used ?
    I am now here with my BIOS on Aptio V. Same thing happens to me from downloading AFUWINx64 (v5) from the official AMI website: OS just freezes. I have tried AFUWIN v4 and it doesn't freeze, but I can't save my BIOS image (it says that it's not compatible with Aptio V). I don't know what to do. My device is ROG Strix GL702VM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thank you! It is worked great!

ROG Junior Member Array

Hello,

I want to replace my M.2 SSD (250 GB) in the ROG G751JY with the Samsung EVO 970, 500 GB.

Sorry, I'm from Germany and my English is too bad to follow the description to adapt the bios.

Where can I download a modded bios for my Asus? I have the latest version 211, but unmodded.

What I have to do to get the Samsung 970 Evo to work with my Rog? Do I have to do other things/mods then the Bios update?

It was very good to have a modded Bios with full speed support.

I hope you can help me.

BR

Bernd

ROG Member Array

I think this post may be dead but can some one please provide me with a link to 3.05.XX Afuwin64? I'm havin the same issue as @mpgioia where OS instantly crashes.. I would highly appreciate any help!

ROG Member Array

Found it! for those who would tread into this post in the future... http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre....789775/page-3

ROG Member Array

I have thoroughly followed the guide step by step and also have checked the line 184 text to be exactly same. But my bios or windows setup still can't detect samdung 860evo m.2 ssd. Could someone shed some light on me? :/

ROG Enthusiast Array

2 questions:
    1. Does this mod provide performance or stability improvements to the stock ssd?
    2. Why is the bios mod not extended with the latest microcode, lan firmware, etc..?

New ROGer Array

ROG-G751JT + Evo 970 Plus not booting, shutting down with blank screen

Hi,

Thanks for the instructions. I've ran into some issues, and I wonder if anyone else has had similar issues - I'm running out of ideas on what to try next.

My issue is that the laptop does usually not even boot up with the M.2 drive installed. The screen stays blank and after some 15 seconds or so, the machine powers off. Usually I cannot even enter the BIOS even though I'm hitting F2 as fast as I can after the boot.

I've tried flashing the bios (both version 3 and 4 of the NVMe efi), I've tried disabling fast boot and secure boot, and I've also tried enabling and disabling the CSM. Nothing seems to help.

I tried incorrectly cloning the old drive instead of doing a fresh install - but I then installed the drive to a desktop computer and removed all of the partitions. Still, nothing seems to help. I cannot also boot even from a DVD or an USB disk. But the weird thing is, at first, I was able to even clone the old drive with no issues, and I've also once been able to boot half-way to windows (but the computer then shut off in the middle of the process).

Like I told in the subject, my M.2 drive is 1 TB 970 EVO plus (so NVMe, not SATA), and I've ROG-G751JT. Though the computer didn't come with an M.2 drive installed, it does have the connector, and as can be seen, it is even wired. But I'm not sure if it has been deliberately made unusable, or if I'm just having some issue.

if dont run..

Quote Originally Posted by fintux View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the instructions. I've ran into some issues, and I wonder if anyone else has had similar issues - I'm running out of ideas on what to try next.

My issue is that the laptop does usually not even boot up with the M.2 drive installed. The screen stays blank and after some 15 seconds or so, the machine powers off. Usually I cannot even enter the BIOS even though I'm hitting F2 as fast as I can after the boot.

I've tried flashing the bios (both version 3 and 4 of the NVMe efi), I've tried disabling fast boot and secure boot, and I've also tried enabling and disabling the CSM. Nothing seems to help.

I tried incorrectly cloning the old drive instead of doing a fresh install - but I then installed the drive to a desktop computer and removed all of the partitions. Still, nothing seems to help. I cannot also boot even from a DVD or an USB disk. But the weird thing is, at first, I was able to even clone the old drive with no issues, and I've also once been able to boot half-way to windows (but the computer then shut off in the middle of the process).

Like I told in the subject, my M.2 drive is 1 TB 970 EVO plus (so NVMe, not SATA), and I've ROG-G751JT. Though the computer didn't come with an M.2 drive installed, it does have the connector, and as can be seen, it is even wired. But I'm not sure if it has been deliberately made unusable, or if I'm just having some issue.

firstly in bios
    xhci pre-boot mode = disabled
    try later.

ROG Member Array

Anyone done this with BIOS 213 - Released 2019/06/25?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast