Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    ROG Member Array

Hello Can we send modded bios 213 with unlocked NVMe ? I try mod the bios but i must re program chip ...
    Asus G751JY 32GB Ram 1x128GB SSD Crucial 1x128 GB m2 1x 1TB HDD

ROG Member Array

I update to 213 but i cant run the modded bios 213 ... On Windows and EasyFlash

ROG Member Array

Ok I run this Adata m.2 i load the windows 10 but the transfer is not very bit 800mb/s r/w not very big. I use nvme dxe 4.ffs But I try on bios 213 wersion maybe better will be

ROG Member Array

Hello,

Yes, I have an NVme Adata M.2: the sx6000 lite and it is working perfectly on my G751JY after following the instruction in this thread and those that are found
    at
    https://www.win-raid.com/t871f50-Gui...UEFI-BIOS.html

The instructions that are here are more specific to the G751j series so I mostly followed the ones in this thread. The files that I used I was able to download right off this thread, don't quite remember who is hosting them. I did the mod with the asus 213 bios already installed and the only difference aside from that was I injected NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs in the bios not NvmExpressDxe_3.ffs.

It is possible, Kliszczak, that you need the latest NVme driver to get optimum performance. You can get that at the win-raid site.

ROG Member Array

Oh my mistake, you did use the latest NVme driver. Ok well you should be getting upwards of 1600 reads and 1200 writes, the limit is set by our motherboards. What laptop do you have? What drive are you trying to install?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi folks,

Specific-BIOS-modding-problems-with-an-ASUS-ROG-G-JY-notebook.html

All credits goes to win-raid forums (feel free to donate to help them or not) and especially the great Lost_N_BIOS .

What is updated in bios :

- EFI and OROM IRST updated to 14.8.2.2397 (use Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver 14.8.16.1063)
    - Microcodes updated (only for CPU i7 - 4710HQ)
    - NvmExpressDxe_4 mod inserted

This bios is v213 for G751JY with I7-4710HQ, don't use it if you have anouther CPU.

Cheers
    Last edited by Svan; 07-29-2019 at 11:03 AM.

ROG Member Array

Hi everyone! Back in November I successfully completed this mod in about 30 min, thank you for this super helpful post! I have a (small?) issue now as I recently updated the bios from the modded 211 to the new 213 bios, and after completion the ssd I was using is no longer recognized on startup. I can however insert a Windows 10 disc and install windows onto the ssd but while trying to start Windows on the ssd itself without the disc, there is no bootmgr.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous setting before I did the bios 211 mod? My reason is that I have upgraded to a new laptop and now want to sell this one with default settings. Thanks in advance for any help given!
    Last edited by eightsixlife; 08-13-2019 at 10:27 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by feihtthief View Post
    Anyone done this with BIOS 213 - Released 2019/06/25?

Yes I have done it. It worked like a charm!

New ROGer Array

nvme support!

Quote Originally Posted by eightsixlife View Post
    Hi everyone! Back in November I successfully completed this mod in about 30 min, thank you for this super helpful post! I have a (small?) issue now as I recently updated the bios from the modded 211 to the new 213 bios, and after completion the ssd I was using is no longer recognized on startup. I can however insert a Windows 10 disc and install windows onto the ssd but while trying to start Windows on the ssd itself without the disc, there is no bootmgr.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous setting before I did the bios 211 mod? My reason is that I have upgraded to a new laptop and now want to sell this one with default settings. Thanks in advance for any help given!
    You can mod the 213 the same way you did 211. I recently modded my brothers laptop with bios 213 (NVMe 4) and it worked. Make sure to use old Aptio 4 as the new one freezes in the laptop. That's the only issue I encountered. here are the files required link (not mine):
    https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navig...89F6623B255434

You don't need to revert back to old bios as it is basically worse than the modded version. here is a link for the old versions if you need it. https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6