cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressable RGB headers?

Nudoxsys
Level 7
I have a Strix z270E Motherboard and I noticed that it has two 12V RGB headers on it, but I wanted to attach some Aura Sync Addressable RGB strips in my computer. I know if I were to upgrade to the z370E series MB, it has one Addressable header on it that I'd be able to use, but earlier today I came across a little piece of hardware that adds additional RGB headers to your motherboard (Whether your Motherboard has any preinstalled or not). I wanted to know if anyone knows of a product that adds some Addressable RGB headers?

While I don't mind upgrading to the Coffee Lake Core series, I think I'd rather stick with my Kaby Lake for right now lol

Also I'm not sure if I can post links here, but if I can, I can provide a link to the product I mentioned earlier.
2 REPLIES 2

Ghozer
Level 7
Nudoxsys wrote:
I have a Strix z270E Motherboard and I noticed that it has two 12V RGB headers on it, but I wanted to attach some Aura Sync Addressable RGB strips in my computer. I know if I were to upgrade to the z370E series MB, it has one Addressable header on it that I'd be able to use, but earlier today I came across a little piece of hardware that adds additional RGB headers to your motherboard (Whether your Motherboard has any preinstalled or not). I wanted to know if anyone knows of a product that adds some Addressable RGB headers?

While I don't mind upgrading to the Coffee Lake Core series, I think I'd rather stick with my Kaby Lake for right now lol

Also I'm not sure if I can post links here, but if I can, I can provide a link to the product I mentioned earlier.

The Z270 are not Addressable, look at the pin out, if it's Ground/RGB then it's none addressable, if it's +/-/Data(return) then it's addressable.. (there are 3 and 4 pin addressable configurations, but only 4 pin none addressable)

What's this device you have found? if it's the Akasa Vegas Control Card, then that's none addressable, as is the control panel...

EZDIY TAURUS PCIE Slot

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0743LGBNH/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2A4XZZKQVDB4S

And yes, I know mine doesn't have any addressable headers (Sadly), but I noticed this product could add regular headers (like mine) to a motherboard that doesn't have any headers whatsoever, or add additional headers to ones that do.

I was curious if there was a product similar that could add Addressable headers even though my MOBO doesn't have any, although I doubt it.