Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Temps look good !

If you've combined two ram kits, manual tweaking will likely be required rather than using X.M.P.

It's not recommended to combine ram kits even with the same specs.
    yep nope all the same ram. its g.skill aegis ddr4 3000 4x8gb I figured 15-15-15-35 is good speeds at 2400mhz since thats what the 2400mhz verison runs at. the xmp version had terrible timings. and auto put 15-15-15-36. everything is running great. using high performance and not using sleep mode. which causes problems i still think due to the nvme drive in combination with the onboard realtek.
    Last edited by richac; 02-25-2018 at 03:51 AM.

SO I figured out how to work around issue without restarting. Simply disable and re-enable the video card or the high definition sound controller from device manager. Not sure which it is. First found this out from an maximus hero thread. Other posting about this fix on reddit too for 370f. I have b250f.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Popping/page9

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm..._crackling_on/

Asus was no help wanted me to rma the board. Terrible customer support.

And Nvidia was just a complete joke. Blamed it on hardware as well. maybe it is a hardware defect I dunno. but seems like an age old computer problem that I am not alone in with asus newer boards. Seems to me windows is getting poorer driver support to the point sleep no longer works properly on majority of machines. Use to only be a linux problem, but the industry is so dead now, not as many users reporting bugs or companies taking them seriously so windows is getting just as bad lol.
    Last edited by richac; 04-04-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by richac View Post
    SO I figured out how to work around issue without restarting. Simply disable and re-enable the video card or the high definition sound controller from device manager. Not sure which it is. First found this out from an maximus hero thread. Other posting about this fix on reddit too for 370f. I have b250f.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-Popping/page9

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm..._crackling_on/

Asus was no help wanted me to rma the board. Terrible customer support.

And Nvidia was just a complete joke. Blamed it on hardware as well. maybe it is a hardware defect I dunno. but seems like an age old computer problem that I am not alone in with asus newer boards. Seems to me windows is getting poorer driver support to the point sleep no longer works properly on majority of machines. Use to only be a linux problem, but the industry is so dead now, not as many users reporting bugs or companies taking them seriously so windows is getting just as bad lol.
    yes can confirm now its definitely just disabling and enabling the nvidia card from device manager fixes the issue of the audio randomly popping and instability in bf1 for example after resume from sleep.

Lateset audio driver did not fix the issue. Asus must think its a realtek problem but its not. Its most likely asus bios issue, but could also be windows or/and nvidia issue.

ROG Junior Member Array Skirnir PC Specs
    Skirnir PC Specs
    Motherboardrog maximus ix hero
    Processori7-7700k
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C1700D-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1evga GTX 1070

Be aware K-Lite codec pack, and possibly other codec packs, will cause really bad crackle and pop for Sonic Sound Studio.
    (But whyyy? I do not know, does it install it's own codecs and get overwritten? Or Windows overrides it in favor or K-Lite codecs or...? I do not know, but try uninstalling 3rd party sound codecs).

Learned it the hard way, thought for years that Sonic Sound Studio was 100% crapola, but apparently not.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5