cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix x99 memory error.

MateuszFF
Level 7
Hello
I,m building a new pc but i have a problem with memory (q code 53).
CPU Intel Core™ i7 6850K
Moba Asus STRIX X99 GAMING
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4, 4x8GB, 3000MHz, CL15, White (CMU32GX4M4C3000C15)

I have tried
-Update bios to version 1801.(earlier version 1101.)
- MemOK! button The test fail, the system reboot, the blinking speed of the DRAM_LED increases, still fail the DRAM_LED lights continuously.
- reset CMOS
I have tried to use only one ram stick in different slots too, not work
I used a different RAM memory (G.SKILL 4GB 2400MHz Value CL17) on this motherboard and the system works, everything works fine
I used these RAMs(Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4, 4x8GB, 3000MHz, CL15, White (CMU32GX4M4C3000C15)) on a different motherboard and it works fine

Is the RAM memory not compatible with my motherboard? There is no ram memory on the list http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/STRIX_X99_GAMING/X99_Series_DRAM_QVL_for_i7_69xx-68xx_pr...
Is this the problem? I bought a wrong ram memory?
Can someone help me? What else can I do?
10 REPLIES 10

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried setting XMP for the Vengeance kit? or is that what you have been trying? or does it not work at BIOS defaults..?

Corsair say that RAM will work on that platform even though it is not on the QVL...

I haven't tried this, I will not check it today because I dont have a computer to connect these RAMs

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK...sometimes I have seen kits that don't seem to work at stock (which is not ideal) but setting then to their rated XMP profile gives them the voltage they need to work...

So try setting XMP or setting them up manually at XMP ratings.

ok i will try, thank you

For some reason I couldn't find a computer to run memory and enable xmp(for the moment)
I connected to the motherboard gskill 4 GB and one ram stick corsair 8 GB and the computer turn on normally and bios shows me 12gb RAM so why the computer doesn't turn on with corsair RAM. https://imgur.com/a/DzPPr

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried each stick of Corsair ram in the recommended single slot configuration...and likewise tried a known working stick of RAM in each slot? Just to eliminate bad sticks or bad slots...

1.Yes, I tried it but it doesn't help
2.Gskill Ram in every slot works.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Ok.. Well honestly I would be thinking about returning the kit by now...

I'll have to do that. thanks you for tried to help me