Did you mean: 

First custom loop.

MoonFrost
Level 7
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Formula X
CPU: Intel i7 8700k
GPU: Asus 1080ti O11G OC
Ram: Gskill rgb trident Z 16gb 3000Mhz
Case: Corsair Crystal 570x case with 6 HD 120 rgb fans connected with the commander pro
Psu: Corsair AX760

Blocks, fittings, pump, radiators, tubes, all Watercooled by Ekwb.

Cable mod custom extentions.

Screwed up a few bends, will redo them when I do maintenance.
15 REPLIES 15

MoonFrost
Level 7
Is there a trick to posting photos while on phone? It flipped my image, I went to flip it 90 degrees but it flipped 180

I give up.. Tilt your head to see picture. Asus forums is the only one giving me issues posting a picture..

davemon50
Level 11
Nice looking, well done!

I am also partial to Corsair cases. 🙂
Davemon50

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Great first effort, better than most peoples 3rd or 4th!
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Nice first attempt. As said by others, this is a lot better than most of the builds more experienced people post pictures of.

I have a question, Im still getting bubbles in 1 part, but I don't see a leak. Every time I start my computer a few decent size bubbles appear inside the tube where the inlet on the cpu block is, and just gets stuck there. I go into bios, ramp up my pump speed to push it through and it travels to the resevior and floats to the top, out of the loop. (ive done this 5 times or so to try to get rid of it)

The only thing I can think of is that the rotary 45 degree fitting isn't properly sealed, or there's something wrong with the formula x ek crosschill block. What are the chances that air is getting into the loop, but water isn't getting out?

I built this around 3 weeks ago, I would've thought the bubbles would have worked its way out by now.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Have you tried tilting the case gently forward to 45 degrees...might be some air trapped in that top rad? Or forward and backwards...slowly...often air trapped in a new loop...

Do you have an anti-cyclone insert in res? any chance it sucks down air at any point?

I've never used a rotary fitting...don't trust that kind of thing myself...not sure if it could let in air as pump applies pressure to loop if the loop is totally closed...you listened closely?

davemon50
Level 11
Where is the high point in this system? It appears to be the top of the radiator from the pic you posted. If it is then it is possible you are circulating through the trapped air at the top of the radiator every time you pump it. It has to vent, is there a vent at the top of the system? Where's the fill point? Sometimes a schematic helps to diagnose problem points.

Sometimes air gets trapped in a water loop at the high point and can be very difficult to get out. So you could have some stubborn bubbles that are still working their way out of the system even after 3 weeks. A system separator sometimes helps with that, but has some pressure drop to it so you have to run your pump a little faster (translated: louder) to accommodate the same heat transfer rate.

As you suggested you may also have a fitting that is not quite firm enough, and when the system cools down it sucks a non-visible amount of air into the system. You might have to snug them up a bit.
Davemon50