Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F MB LED Light Wont Come On

    Hi,

    I have an ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F MB. Originally the LED light on it worked fine and synced with the RAM LEDs (G Skillz Trident). Now I can't get the MB LED light to come on?

    In Aurora the Motherboard category is not lit up (greyed out) - any idea how to get this back?

  2. #2
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    So I spoke with ASUS and they had me unplug the 12pin power to the MB, remove the video card and take the battery out - all to no avail as the MB LED light is still out and the MB isn't available in Aura (greyed out).

    The only time I get any indication of a light in the RGB on the MB is when I initially turn the power of the PSU on - the RGB light flickers for an instant and that's it. I've had the MB for less than a week and it did initially work but now doesn't and as I mentioned it is greyed out and unavail in the Aura software.

    It is turned on in the BIOS (0606) and I do have the latest BETA Aura.

    ASUS thinks I need to send the board in for repair but I don't want to be without a computer for weeks - can't they just send me a new MB with an RMA to send back the defunct one?

  3. #3
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralT001 View Post
    So I spoke with ASUS and they had me unplug the 12pin power to the MB, remove the video card and take the battery out - all to no avail as the MB LED light is still out and the MB isn't available in Aura (greyed out).

    The only time I get any indication of a light in the RGB on the MB is when I initially turn the power of the PSU on - the RGB light flickers for an instant and that's it. I've had the MB for less than a week and it did initially work but now doesn't and as I mentioned it is greyed out and unavail in the Aura software.

    It is turned on in the BIOS (0606) and I do have the latest BETA Aura.

    ASUS thinks I need to send the board in for repair but I don't want to be without a computer for weeks - can't they just send me a new MB with an RMA to send back the defunct one?
    Check the following.

    1. Reboot your system and enter the BIOS. Open the main tab and check the field “LED EC”. Does a text is written in front?
    2. YES, then go to Advanced -> Onboard Devices configuration -> RGB LED Lighting -> Make sure it’s ON
    3. NO, shut down your computer and check that the LED connector is properly plugged. Depending on your motherboard model, the connector is differently located.


    Which version of AURA are you using?
    Do you have any other lighting software installed?
    You can try to do a clean install of Windows to get them back on.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  4. #4
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    Check the following.

    1. Reboot your system and enter the BIOS. Open the main tab and check the field “LED EC”. Does a text is written in front?
    2. YES, then go to Advanced -> Onboard Devices configuration -> RGB LED Lighting -> Make sure it’s ON
    3. NO, shut down your computer and check that the LED connector is properly plugged. Depending on your motherboard model, the connector is differently located.


    Which version of AURA are you using?
    Do you have any other lighting software installed?
    You can try to do a clean install of Windows to get them back on.
    Hi,

    In the BIOS it shows the following wrt EC:

    • EC Version - MBEC-Z370-0201
    • LED EC Version - AUMA0-E6K5-0104
    • LED EC2 Version - AULA1-S072-0203


    The light is "On" in the BIOS.

    I am using the latest Beta release 1.05.32.02 but have also tried .28 release. Both don't work.

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio
    AkaNe0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    566

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralT001 View Post
    Hi,

    In the BIOS it shows the following wrt EC:

    • EC Version - MBEC-Z370-0201
    • LED EC Version - AUMA0-E6K5-0104
    • LED EC2 Version - AULA1-S072-0203


    The light is "On" in the BIOS.

    I am using the latest Beta release 1.05.32.02 but have also tried .28 release. Both don't work.
    Sharing your fix.

    For the ones having the same problem, please install the 1.04.29 version of AURA and report if it worked.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

  6. #6
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    can you please provide a download link, thank you!

  7. #7
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by matija. View Post
    can you please provide a download link, thank you!
    Heres the one ASUS provided me:

    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...786.1495037403

    For some reason the download would get hung up around 96% (for me anyway) but eventually it does finish downloading.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe0 View Post
    Check the following.

    1. Reboot your system and enter the BIOS. Open the main tab and check the field “LED EC”. Does a text is written in front?
    2. YES, then go to Advanced -> Onboard Devices configuration -> RGB LED Lighting -> Make sure it’s ON
    3. NO, shut down your computer and check that the LED connector is properly plugged. Depending on your motherboard model, the connector is differently located.


    Which version of AURA are you using?
    Do you have any other lighting software installed?
    You can try to do a clean install of Windows to get them back on.
    Hi, i've just recently got the same problem with the new bios. The mobo rbg isnt turning on at all, ive tired going into the bios and switching the rbg led lighting on and off a few times.

    Bios: 0607
    EC verison: MBEC-Z370-0203
    LED EC Version:
    LED EC2 Version: AULA1-5072-0203

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •