cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent 6700k

bizuka
Level 7
Guys after a long inactive period of time i'm back to this hobby.
The objective is to get a stable @4.6 at the lower voltages (and speed vent) possible this will be my 24/7 profile.
but first let me show you my machine 😄

yes i have to clean the dust and manage the vent cables but i'm still tweaking the speeds (none of the vents are connected to the motherboard)
the case is fully closed its only open in the back at the moment! the plan is to close it.

Specs:
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
Corsair 110i GT
Skylake 6700k
gSkill Trident Z 16Gb 3000Mhz
NZXT H440 V2 Black
Corsair RM750i

so i was stuck at @4.6 with a 1.32vcore, i was manage to get @1.295vcore.
by lowering the core pll voltage from 1.25v(auto) to 0.9v (still room to lower the value)
changing the pll bandwidth to 0 (it was the default i guess)
by lowering the internal pll voltage to 0.9v
(with this i gain like a -5ºC/-7ºC)

after enabling the XMP i noticed that the auto values of VCCIO ; System Agent Voltage and PHC where way to high like 1.30 /1.35 at this moment they are at 1.1v max, and i didn't had any memory errors or bsods.
all green frendly settings on bios are off.
the stress test used was the realbench.
i will upload my values later so you can take a look and my bios settings too
please share your opinions with me, is it wise to lower the pll voltages like i did? should i try to lower them even more?
at this moment i'm testing lower vcore voltages.
like i said the hwinfo screenshot will come soon
cheers!
9 REPLIES 9

bizuka
Level 7

pll voltage is at @0.7v
vcore is at @1.3v in bios

what can i tweak guys?

Nate152
Hi bizuka

Your temps are excellent, I see you're running in manual mode and looking at your minimum temps i have to ask, what is your room temp?

You can easily try for 4.7GHz.

ottoyu34
Level 9
Are those Noctua 4pin PWM or 3-Pin?

bizuka
Level 7
Nate those minimum temps are when i start the computer like after 1 night off. the idle temps with my notcuas 140mm at 800rpm each are like 32ºC with the fans at full speed the idle stays at 19/20ºC after load sessions. i tried the @4.7 when i didn't tune the pll voltages with 1.35vcore i couldn't get a stable oc so i gave up but i could go for it !

edit: its like 20/24ª C in my bedroom with the heater on.

and yes ottoyu34 those noctuas are all 4pin pwm!

Nate152
Nice !

You'll likely need more Vcore for 4.7GHz.

Up to 1.40 - 1.45v is safe as long as temps are under control and your temps say you can try for it.

If you don't feel comfortable with the Vcore that high you can leave it where it is.

Nate152 wrote:
Nice !

You'll likely need more Vcore for 4.7GHz.

Up to 1.40 - 1.45v is safe as long as temps are under control and your temps say you can try for it.

If you don't feel comfortable with the Vcore that high you can leave it where it is.

nate, yup, probably i will need a @1.42 /1.45 vcore and run the cpu vents att full speed hmm don't think it is worthy atleast just for now.
yesterday i got some bsods playing PUGB so i pumped the vcore to 1.31 at 4.6ghz.
im going to take some screenshots at my bios settings so you can check them out!

edit: the cpu cache min and max are at 41 do u think it is worth to pump it to 44/45?

Nate152
Yeah take what it will give you as the cpu core/cache voltage is tied together.

Nate152 wrote:
Yeah take what it will give you as the cpu core/cache voltage is tied together.

ok so yesterday i pumped the cache ratio min/max to 44 and the system seems stable. playing wolfenstein ii and pugb all day after stress stesting with realbench and the system seems pretty stable, going for 45 cache and doing some more tweaks before i took some screenshots to the bios btw the LLC is at level 5 and the voltage is in manual mode (no offsets in adaptive mode)

Nate152
To get the cpu speed and voltage to drop at idle you'll want to use adaptive mode, you should be able to set the offset mode sign to + or - and enter a value. You'll want the min. cache ratio on auto.

You can try the cache up to 4600MHz, it doesn't seem to benefit with the cache higher than the core clock.

Here is my overclock, I'm running in manual mode.