cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PC won't boot with DDR4 G.Skills 3600mhz (xmp)

mukhalad
Level 7
Hello, how are you 🙂
I am having an issue with a build.
The board is an z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO.
CPU is a intel i7700k.
Ram is Gskills 64GB 3600 MHZ , 17-19-19-39
https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3600c17q-64gtzr

With the bios at default, and ram at 2133 MHz, the computer works normally and perfectly.

If I go to the bios and enable the xmp profile to have the ram at 3600, the computer won't boot, Q-CODE 55 ON MAXIMUS IX HERO .
some times if I power off and on the PSU and press the start button the PC will do restart and then its work fine. but if I shut sown the pc and after one day I cant start my pc with same problem then I must power off and on the PSU to get it work.

when I reset the bios to default settings every thing will be perfect.

I don't understand...

Do I have a faulty board? Or a faulty dimm kit?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Can you please help me?

Thank you.
14 REPLIES 14

OvEr_KiLL
Level 7
i dont have that board but do you have the new bios on it from the support page?
asus recently recently updated my strix z270h bios and now the xmp works, it didnt before the bios update
worth a try 🙂

OvEr_KiLL wrote:
i dont have that board but do you have the new bios on it from the support page?
asus recently recently updated my strix z270h bios and now the xmp works, it didnt before the bios update
worth a try 🙂

Thank you for your replay. I have now the last bios for my motherboard z270 ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO Version 1203.

any help 😞

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
Can you set RAM specs in manual mode instead of XMP?Also try increase voltages.Ram voltage to 1,35V.

I tested it with the manual set but I got the same results.

MikeAdu
Level 9
Try to raise MHz step by step and see where is the limit.
Check also System Agent Voltage,maybe it is low.

MikeAdu wrote:
Try to raise MHz step by step and see where is the limit.
Check also System Agent Voltage,maybe it is low.

I tried but I got same results

Menthol
Level 14
3600mhz of the capacity you have 64GB is tougher on the CPU memory controller then a 16 or 32 GB kit.
You may need to manually enter dram, VCCIO and VCCSA voltages, this is common when using memory kits of this speed

Try 1.38v to 1.4v dram voltage and 1.25v for VCCIO and VCCSA, if system is still unstable up VCCSA and VCCIO until stable, to much voltage can also be unstable

Menthol wrote:
3600mhz of the capacity you have 64GB is tougher on the CPU memory controller then a 16 or 32 GB kit.
You may need to manually enter dram, VCCIO and VCCSA voltages, this is common when using memory kits of this speed

Try 1.38v to 1.4v dram voltage and 1.25v for VCCIO and VCCSA, if system is still unstable up VCCSA and VCCIO until stable, to much voltage can also be unstable

thank you, I tried with higher and lower voltage but I got same result. just one thing when I change from xmp to manual the pc will not reboot direct after I switch on the psu and press the start botton. its good but the pc will not start up as well. sorry about my English. ask me if you want to under stand something