cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ASUS Customer Service SUX!!

GeneralT001
Level 7
I've had my ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F MB for less than a week and now the RGB light on the MB won't light up. I've spent a number of hours with ASUS on the phone and chat and the issue can't be resolved. So the only thing that they will offer to do is:

- have me send this MB back to them for repair, which means weeks without a computer or,

- they would send me an "Advanced Replacement" which is a refurbished board!!

Am I out to lunch here to expect ASUS to send me a brand new board to replace my brand new defunct board and once I receive the new board I will RMA the defunct board back to them? I would of course give them my credit card info to hold until they receive my defunct board. I mean I put together a brand new system costing around $3000 and they want me to settle for a refurbished MB for it?!?

Is it reasonable to expect to be without a computer for weeks in this day and age (I have no cell phone)? Is this anyway to treat a long time customer? I have bought many ASUS items over the years without issue but this is definitely going to be sending me in a different direction.

Tell me I'm wrong??
12 REPLIES 12

teshreve
Level 7
I am certainly not one to defend Asus, but had you any experience at all with RMAs you would know that this is how everyone, in every industry, globally does it. The advance replacement option is actually better than normal.
So you probably should suck it up, buttercup.

I am certainly not one to defend Asus, but had you any experience at all with RMAs you would know that this is how everyone, in every industry, globally does it. The advance replacement option is actually better than normal.
So you probably should suck it up, buttercup.

I hear ya...but its a tough pill to swallow on such a new MB. As nothing else seems to be affected I will sit with it for a year or so and then maybe take the "advanced" option.

Deepcuts
Level 10
"RGB won't light up" or "defunct board"?

Deepcuts wrote:
"RGB won't light up" or "defunct board"?

Well its the RGB won't light up, I guess the board still works...but I consider it defunct for the price 🙂

Zinzan8
Level 7
GeneralT001 wrote:
I've had my ASUS ROG Strix Z370-F MB for less than a week and now the RGB light on the MB won't light up. I've spent a number of hours with ASUS on the phone and chat and the issue can't be resolved. So the only thing that they will offer to do is:

- have me send this MB back to them for repair, which means weeks without a computer (F**K THAT) or,

- they would send me an "Advanced Replacement" which is a refurbished board (F**K that even more!!

Am I out to lunch here to expect ASUS to send me a brand new board to replace my brand new defunct board and once I receive the new board I will RMA the defunct board back to them? I would of course give them my credit card info to hold until they receive my defunct board. I mean I put together a brand new system costing around $3000 and they want me to settle for a refurbished MB for it - WTF??

Is it reasonable to expect to be without a computer for weeks in this day and age (I have no cell phone)? Is this anyway to treat a long time customer? I have bought many ASUS items over the years without issue but this is definitely going to be sending me in a different direction.

Tell me I'm wrong??

Just a week old, I would return the mobo to my retailer for exchange.

I did an advanced return on my previous Asus board, the P6T, back in 2010. It was less than a year old. You know, I don’t remember Asus telling me I would be getting a refurbished unit, but if It was a refurb (and I guess It probably was), I didn’t notice.

I have done other advanced replacements, and have sometimes received refurbs and sometimes brand new (Breville Espresso machine, most recently). I don’t really have a problem with a refurb replacement if it looks and works as good as new.

But again, if it’s just a few days old, I would return it to my retailer for exchange. But I make it a point to buy from a retailer that will support me in these situations (Microcenter, NewEgg, Fry’s, etc).

restsugavan
Level 13
GeneralT001 wrote:

- have me send this MB back to them for repair, which means weeks without a computer (F**K THAT) or,

- they would send me an "Advanced Replacement" which is a refurbished board (F**K that even more!!

Am I out to lunch here to expect ASUS to send me a brand new board to replace my brand new defunct board and once I receive the new board I will RMA the defunct board back to them? I would of course give them my credit card info to hold until they receive my defunct board. I mean I put together a brand new system costing around $3000 and they want me to settle for a refurbished MB for it - WTF??

Tell me I'm wrong??

There are some quickest method to solve. Go to your retailer and exchange the mobo. My Rampage VI Extreme used few months
I could exchange to the new one easily. ASUS Technicial support may provide you some info, then they recommended you to RMA.
It was clear that your motherboard was abnormal operating confirmed.

In this case you could go to your retailer and ask them to replace your existing motherboard with the newer one. *
W11CANARY 26085.1 Core i9 7980XE 02007006 MCE ME 11.12.95.2499 R6E OFFICIAL BIOS 3801 SAMSUNG OG9 FW 1019.0 SSD 970 EVO PLUS 1 TB x 3 NVIDIA RTX 4090 GAME READY 551.86 64GB GSKILL DDR4 3200MHz JBL 9.1 Sound Bar DTS-X

I bought it online at canadacomputers.com

I will contact them on Monday and see if I can just return to them for a refund and get a new one sent to me. Be nice if that works out!!

xeromist
*moved to general discussion* Please read section sticky before posting in Service Inquiries
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…