cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with re-arm pc!! Ram Ddr3 or Ddr4???

Manolete
Level 7
specs:

CPU: I7- 3820.-
VGA: AMD Radeon HD 7970
RAM: 8Gb x 4 (ddr3 - 1600) G. Skills
SSD: 500gb Crucial m4
HDD: 500gb
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV (DEAD!!!!!) ;(
Cooler: Thermaltake frio extreme
power supply: Corsair TX850W

- My motherboard died because some pins where the cpu goes broke.

- I decided to buy new parts for my pc, now I am between trying to use my ram or change to a ddr4.
So, what is the most current socket that supports the ram ddr3? or it is not convenient to continue using my ram?

- Regarding the amount of money I have, it is difficult because I have to buy materials for my university career, dentistry (around 1800 USD), in the end I would have between 350 USD to 670 USD, and that I can probably buy the parts for my pc in 1 month (at the beginning of March) 😞

Pd: the pc is just for playing, like Lol, PUBG, Fortnite, Rocket League, Cs: Go, Black Desert.
2 REPLIES 2

ottoyu34
Level 9
Most current chipsets are already on DDR4, I suggest checking your local classified for used hardware, might have more luck there.

Menthol
Level 14
X79 and Z97 were the last DDR3 platforms so unless your prepared to purchase a new CPU, motherboard and Ram, you may be better off looking for a used motherboard on ebay, I recently sold a RIVBE for $229.00 US on ebay, or sell your CPU and memory to add to your funds for new hardware