cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you deal W these bugs? I've only worked with it for 2 days and already Fed UP

BigJob
Level 10
Constant feeeze ups,
Sudden restarts
Restart loops
Blue screens

And it's only been my first 2 days, what more is in store I wonder ?

What the heck, how am I supposed to work like this ? Very dangerous stuff here. IF I had known, I would have never upgraded.

Update : For example, I was simply on Google Chrome with a couple of tabs just now, I clicked a link to open in a new tab and VOILA!! The computer froze and restarted! And it brought me to the Windows log on screen and I was able to log in and then VOILA! 5 seconds after I logged n, it froze once again and restarted again...

And I logged back in and now lots of my desktop icons are randomly missing and I have an alert saying Location is not available, Desktop is not available.. What the heck

Grrrr

I don't have the patience for this.

What the heck man,,,
13 REPLIES 13

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey BigJob

That sounds awfully like memory trouble just from first read...

I'm only starting out on this platform myself...there will be AMD jedis along no doubt.

But one thing you could do to help is post up your exact specs and if this is at stock and on what BIOS etc etc that way the gurus can offer help a lot quicker!

BigJob
Level 10
That particular error fixed itself with a restart... It's just having random issues caused by random things causing random restarts all over the past 2 days.

I'll try and give it a week more and hopefully by then its stable enough to use for my work environment.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
If RAM is unstable it can show up in all sorts of apparently random errors shutdowns etc. If you do nothing I doubt it will get better or go away...in fact often it gets worse since each crash has the potential to corrupt your OS and then you are in a vicious cycle of instability and corruption...

Open command prompt as administrator and run "sfc /scannow" to see if OS is OK

I presume this is a clean OS install on a new set-up

BigJob
Level 10
Oh I see what you're saying and I think you are absolutely right! I totally forgot I enabled XMP on my ram. It just said "Your memory settings have been reset due to failure to boot" on the bios splash screen.

I have these as memory, are these good to go for this board? https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3400c16q-32gtz

F4-3400C16Q-32GTZ

Tested Speed 3400MHz
Tested Latency 16-18-18-38

G Skill 8 X 4 GB . I placed them into the mobo slots how it said I should put them in in the manual.

But I went to BIOS before and enable XMP profile which boosted these to 3400. But I think I will leave XMP off because of the instability

and not a new install, had previous install but did a windows repair on it.

Thanks a huge ton man for fixing my problems!! Hugely appreciate it!!!!! 😉

I just had a similar issue just a cpl of days ago. It's your memory. I updated bios from 3008 to 3502. 3502 for some reason changes dram voltage and or voltage requirements. When I was on 3008 I would put my memory frequency to 3200mhz and 1.35 in dram voltage, had no issues. Update to bios 3502 and same thing you are experiencing. I thought to that it was the bios but even when I flashbacked to 3008 I kept having the same issue. For the life of me and others that helped me here on the forums, we couldn't find an answer until 1 person said that he has to run his dram voltage to 1.41 and suggested I try that. Wallah! Have had no issues since, going on a little more than 24 hours. If you use xmp or set your frequency to 3400mhz mess around with dram voltage. Try and get the voltage close to the recommended voltage for your memory.
Hope it's that simple for you. You don't wanna know what I tried for over a day with no fix until I changed my voltage setting and like I said, for over 24 hours my pc is back to running.

XxTripleBeamxX wrote:
I just had a similar issue just a cpl of days ago. It's your memory. I updated bios from 3008 to 3502. 3502 for some reason changes dram voltage and or voltage requirements. When I was on 3008 I would put my memory frequency to 3200mhz and 1.35 in dram voltage, had no issues. Update to bios 3502 and same thing you are experiencing. I thought to that it was the bios but even when I flashbacked to 3008 I kept having the same issue. For the life of me and others that helped me here on the forums, we couldn't find an answer until 1 person said that he has to run his dram voltage to 1.41 and suggested I try that. Wallah! Have had no issues since, going on a little more than 24 hours. If you use xmp or set your frequency to 3400mhz mess around with dram voltage. Try and get the voltage close to the recommended voltage for your memory.
Hope it's that simple for you. You don't wanna know what I tried for over a day with no fix until I changed my voltage setting and like I said, for over 24 hours my pc is back to running.

Very insightful & detailed, extremely helpful! Thanks!

Praz wrote:
Hello

3400MHz memory speed plug n' play is being overly optimistic by several hundred MHz. If no tuning time if wanted stay at 2933MHz or lower.

Thank you as well.

I'm keeping XMP disabled. Forget it, I doubt the apps I will use will need the full extreme throttling. I will try back once new bios and new updates have been implemented, hoping 3400 plug n play works by then. IF not then whatever it's on now is fine. I just can't afford a blue screen or a restart in the midst of me working.

Thanks again to all. Glad we got the problem solved this quickly. Impressed. :cool:

BigJob wrote:
Oh I see what you're saying and I think you are absolutely right! I totally forgot I enabled XMP on my ram. It just said "Your memory settings have been reset due to failure to boot" on the bios splash screen.

I have these as memory, are these good to go for this board? https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3400c16q-32gtz

F4-3400C16Q-32GTZ

Tested Speed 3400MHz
Tested Latency 16-18-18-38

G Skill 8 X 4 GB . I placed them into the mobo slots how it said I should put them in in the manual.

But I went to BIOS before and enable XMP profile which boosted these to 3400. But I think I will leave XMP off because of the instability

and not a new install, had previous install but did a windows repair on it.

Thanks a huge ton man for fixing my problems!! Hugely appreciate it!!!!! 😉

Nah you are welcome!

That RAM actually hasn't been tested by G.Skill on anything except Z170 and on the ASUS QVL for the board, there are no 3400 kits.

You could of course, as you say, leave them at stock but maybe you could also try setting them up manually.

Maybe try 3200MHz or 2933. Set the voltage and primary timings like the XMP profile sets them.

Maybe try one of the memory profiles like the Stilt's "safe 3200 1.4v"

A bit of experimentation might have them dialed in....because it sounds like they were "almost working" if you know what I mean

Also, when you get time...it's probably best to backup what you want off the old install and do a clean OS install on the new platform. It's usually best practice...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Nah you are welcome!

That RAM actually hasn't been tested by G.Skill on anything except Z170 and on the ASUS QVL for the board, there are no 3400 kits.

You could of course, as you say, leave them at stock but maybe you could also try setting them up manually.

Maybe try 3200MHz or 2933. Set the voltage and primary timings like the XMP profile sets them.

Maybe try one of the memory profiles like the Stilt's "safe 3200 1.4v"

A bit of experimentation might have them dialed in....because it sounds like they were "almost working" if you know what I mean

Also, when you get time...it's probably best to backup what you want off the old install and do a clean OS install on the new platform. It's usually best practice...

I will def play with these during free time and see what's up.

I think I might sell these ram kits off and buy the http://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14q-32gfx Looks like these have been tested by G Skill for 3200 plug n play and they tested it on the Zenith. The aesthethics on these are a downgrade from what I have now so is that a compromise I'm willing to make is the question.

& Holy God, what happened to RAM prices, SKY ROCKETING RAM PRICES.... $460 for those above...

Forget Bitcoins, we should have invested in RAM KITS!!!! :o:o:o

Praz
Level 13
Hello

3400MHz memory speed plug n' play is being overly optimistic by several hundred MHz. If no tuning time if wanted stay at 2933MHz or lower.