cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth driver not working

Lyvondria
Level 7
Hello,

I have a problem. I have an ASUS X99 Strix Gaming Motherboard and i installed the Bluetooth driver from the Support & Driver site. But on Device Manager, it still says Bluetooth isnt detected. Bluetooth is activated on my motherboard. I can connect devices to bluetooth but the connection is so poor i loose connection after like 1meter....

Do i need to plugin the antenna which came with the motherboard? It says its for Wi-Fi and not for bluetooh.

Heres a screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/cOyEHNV.png

Even if i try to install it through Device Manager it says there is no driver to install...
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I would plug in the antenna and try it...I can imagine the module might use it for both WiFi and Bluetooth.

Check your manual...I have seen sometimes a specific installation order for WiFi and Bluetooth drivers.

Maybe disable and re-enable in windows...or disable, reboot and then re-enable in BIOS and then reboot?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
I would plug in the antenna and try it...I can imagine the module might use it for both WiFi and Bluetooth.

Check your manual...I have seen sometimes a specific installation order for WiFi and Bluetooth drivers.

Maybe disable and re-enable in windows...or disable, reboot and then re-enable in BIOS and then reboot?

So the antenna is basically for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth? It feels like it, i put it in and now i can go very far away with my PS4 Controller and it works great. weird, i thought its only for Wi-Fi o_O

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
It's all signals....signals need antennae...glad it's sorted

I'm was having the same issue on a recent Z370-G build and thought enough to connect the antenna which appears to be both for WiFi and B/T. My bluetooth keyboard worked, but again stopped. It functions intermittently, which obviously isn't acceptable. My bluetooth keyboard is a Logitech K-810. It is rock solid on my other PC's and with the Z370, I'm only 10' feet away. After just doing a cursory search, it appears lots of folks were having similar problems with Z270 boards. Please advise if a similar problem is occurring with your M/B and especially if a fix other than the antenna one, was found.....thanks!!

My bluetooth is not working as well for Strix 370-G board.
- Fresh Win10 x64 install
- Antenna is connected
- Wifi and bluetooth enabled -> un-paired then paired devices again.

= Does not work. Is there any driver or resolution for this?