cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GL553VE Issues

UnDerWOrlD009
Level 7
Hello guys,I am new here.I recently got a GL553VE laptop,my first proper gaming laptop but I encountered a number of issues with it and I was hoping maybe you guys can help.So first of all after I first got it up and running I started having BSoD's due to power state failures at first and then something related to nvdiamk something something cant remember.The record was for 5 back to back BSoD's so I did a clean Windows install and that fixed that issue however the most recent and infuriating issue is low performance in games.In PUBG for example with everything on low I get solid 60 FPS in the first 3-5 minutes and then it goes to 20 sometimes lower and it hapens in other games as well(Battlefield 1,Portal 2 even Heartstone has issues).Im at a loss here and I dont know what the cause could be since the laptop isnt older than 2 months(but it might be too late to ask for a replacement from the site I got it from).
6 REPLIES 6

mafcio
Level 7
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99498-GL553VD-Problem-with-GPU/page2#post703549

Seems u r not the only one 🙂 And like u can read, my laptop is already after asus service and problem still exist so...

go with 1609 win10, till its fixed. no bsod there.

Well as I said the clean install of windows seems to have solved the BSoD issues but my in game performance is trash.

So no ideas?

I noticed such an FPS drop today and it seems that it is a consequence of GTX 1050 running PCIe x16 1.1
As I got it, there several modes for GTX 1050 being engaged. During demanding tasks, like games, it uses all 16 PCIe 3.0 lines and maintains 8,0 GT/s transfer speed. In a mid-range tasks it uses 8 lines of PCIe 3.0 and in light mode it runs with 16 lines of PCIe 1.1 with 2,5 GT/s bandwith. I've noticed that sometimes switch btw this mode fails, and in-game it works PCIe x16 1.1 2,5 GT/s, but when you switch to desktop it goes PCIe x16 3.0 8,0 GT/s.
But what causes this stagger - don't know exactly. I think that this is Nvidia Optimus malfunction, because it is capable of switching graphic adapter modes even when you alt+TAB to desktop from games. Also, because no thermal or power throttling occurs, both CPU and GPU: CPU runs 2,398 Mhz as it must and GTX 1050 - 1,709 Mhz core and 3504 Mhz memory.
P.S.: everything has it positives - ice-cold 65°C CPU and 60°C GPU is something I see in my dreams ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Upd: I was mistaken. It still runs 8,0 GT/s. and switches to 2,5 GT/s only for a moment, when I alt-tabed.

juankrlos
Level 7
UnDerWOrlD009 wrote:
Hello guys,I am new here.I recently got a GL553VE laptop,my first proper gaming laptop but I encountered a number of issues with it and I was hoping maybe you guys can help.So first of all after I first got it up and running I started having BSoD's due to power state failures at first and then something related to nvdiamk something something cant remember.The record was for 5 back to back BSoD's so I did a clean Windows install and that fixed that issue however the most recent and infuriating issue is low performance in games.In PUBG for example with everything on low I get solid 60 FPS in the first 3-5 minutes and then it goes to 20 sometimes lower and it hapens in other games as well(Battlefield 1,Portal 2 even Heartstone has issues).Im at a loss here and I dont know what the cause could be since the laptop isnt older than 2 months(but it might be too late to ask for a replacement from the site I got it from).

i have a problem with teclado. this is completely dead
in the process of booting bios does not recognize the keyboard
I'm not the only one with the same problem
I'm very disappointed in asus