Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array DJLTY PC Specs
    DJLTY PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G75VW
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 7940X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 128gb 3000mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti Waterforce WB
    Sound CardIt's 2018...
    MonitorAlienware 34in 3440x1440 120hz Ultrawide
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512gb & 2tb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 2tb, HGST 7200rpm 4tb
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO, Coolstream PE 360, Revo D5
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 540
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1300w
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Logitech G700s...for now
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 800, Bose QC 35, JBL Siberia 700, Skullcandy Crusher, Audio Technica M50X
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Yamaha HS50M (when hooked up...)
    OS Win 10
    DJLTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Extremely long boot time & long last BIOS time

    Hi,

    Enjoying my new build, with one big exception. The boot time is ridiculously long - probably about 40 seconds to a minute from pressing power button, to working desktop. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and hoping it's just either a not so straightforward fix or just the board needing BIOS tweaks since it's still so new. I'll list what I've tried below, but will list the details of my PC first to see if maybe there's some conflicts going on.

    Here's the details of my PC:

    - Win 10 Enterprise
    - Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    - i9 7940X, stock clock
    - 128gb Corsair Vengeance Ram XMP@3000
    - Samsung 960 Pro m.2 nvme 512gb as windows drive in M.2_1 Socket 3 bay (the one under the chipset shield)
    - 960 Pro m.2 nvme 2tb in one of the slots of the DIMM.2_SLOT (next to the ram)
    - 850 Evo 2tb in a hot swap drive
    - HGST Deskstar 4tb 7200
    - Gigabyte Aorus waterblock 1080ti
    - EK Coolstream PE 360mm rad
    - EK xres revo d5 pump combo
    - I do have an NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub that's used to connect a few things like a front USB 2.0 panel, a corsair lighting unit/fan hub controlling 6 RGB fans & 4 LED strips


    Here's what happens, & what I've tried:

    I push power button, and PC turns on. Monitor doesn't turn on until about maybe 20 seconds later, and then after a few seconds the American Megatreds POST pops up for maybe 5 seconds. Then, it will go to the win 10 black screen with blue icon loading screen, and then jumps straight into windows quickly after that. Sometimes the PC will bypass the win 10 loading screen very fast, other times it hangs there for 10 seconds or more. It's consistently long, but not always the same.

    I've downloaded and installed the nvme drivers from samsung, crystal disk mark shows the speeds on both nvme drives are accurate, I've gone into bios and made sure that drives are set to AHCI, enabled fast boot, disabled a lot of the post system checks. I moved the water pump header from w_pump+1 to a high amp fan header on the motherboard (no good), then tried removing different connections on the board one by one to see if something was causing it to hang. I removed one of the USB 3.1 gen 1 connector (no good), I removed the NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub (no good), I tried booting with just 1x16gb stick of ram (no good), I tried removing every drive except the 960 pro 512gb boot drive under the chipset armor (no good). I'm really lost here about what the hell is going on with this system, and why it's taking so long to boot. I'm wondering if a total reinstall of windows is needed.

    At this point, any help or ideas would be appreciated. I bought almost everything from amazon, but I'm outside the 30 day return window so if there's a bad part it'd have to be RMA though warranty from company (which I REALLY hope is not the case & would like to avoid). I hate to think I spent all that money on those nvme drives only to have boot-ups slower than my old 5400 rpm IDE HDD windows xp systems from 10+ years ago. I'm thinking to try installing windows on the nvme drive when it's the ONLY drive present in the system, or moving it to the DIMM.2 slot, or just seeing what happens if I install it on my 850 EVO instead and see if it's any faster. I know the R6E is a very new board, and it might just be a bios thing too, but either way, I'm stuck and please....halp!!

    Thanks
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Sketch1.jpg  


  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull
    Marko911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by DJLTY View Post
    Hi,

    Enjoying my new build, with one big exception. The boot time is ridiculously long - probably about 40 seconds to a minute from pressing power button, to working desktop. I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and hoping it's just either a not so straightforward fix or just the board needing BIOS tweaks since it's still so new. I'll list what I've tried below, but will list the details of my PC first to see if maybe there's some conflicts going on.

    Here's the details of my PC:

    - Win 10 Enterprise
    - Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    - i9 7940X, stock clock
    - 128gb Corsair Vengeance Ram XMP@3000
    - Samsung 960 Pro m.2 nvme 512gb as windows drive in M.2_1 Socket 3 bay (the one under the chipset shield)
    - 960 Pro m.2 nvme 2tb in one of the slots of the DIMM.2_SLOT (next to the ram)
    - 850 Evo 2tb in a hot swap drive
    - HGST Deskstar 4tb 7200
    - Gigabyte Aorus waterblock 1080ti
    - EK Coolstream PE 360mm rad
    - EK xres revo d5 pump combo
    - I do have an NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub that's used to connect a few things like a front USB 2.0 panel, a corsair lighting unit/fan hub controlling 6 RGB fans & 4 LED strips


    Here's what happens, & what I've tried:

    I push power button, and PC turns on. Monitor doesn't turn on until about maybe 20 seconds later, and then after a few seconds the American Megatreds POST pops up for maybe 5 seconds. Then, it will go to the win 10 black screen with blue icon loading screen, and then jumps straight into windows quickly after that. Sometimes the PC will bypass the win 10 loading screen very fast, other times it hangs there for 10 seconds or more. It's consistently long, but not always the same.

    I've downloaded and installed the nvme drivers from samsung, crystal disk mark shows the speeds on both nvme drives are accurate, I've gone into bios and made sure that drives are set to AHCI, enabled fast boot, disabled a lot of the post system checks. I moved the water pump header from w_pump+1 to a high amp fan header on the motherboard (no good), then tried removing different connections on the board one by one to see if something was causing it to hang. I removed one of the USB 3.1 gen 1 connector (no good), I removed the NZXT internal USB 2.0 hub (no good), I tried booting with just 1x16gb stick of ram (no good), I tried removing every drive except the 960 pro 512gb boot drive under the chipset armor (no good). I'm really lost here about what the hell is going on with this system, and why it's taking so long to boot. I'm wondering if a total reinstall of windows is needed.

    At this point, any help or ideas would be appreciated. I bought almost everything from amazon, but I'm outside the 30 day return window so if there's a bad part it'd have to be RMA though warranty from company (which I REALLY hope is not the case & would like to avoid). I hate to think I spent all that money on those nvme drives only to have boot-ups slower than my old 5400 rpm IDE HDD windows xp systems from 10+ years ago. I'm thinking to try installing windows on the nvme drive when it's the ONLY drive present in the system, or moving it to the DIMM.2 slot, or just seeing what happens if I install it on my 850 EVO instead and see if it's any faster. I know the R6E is a very new board, and it might just be a bios thing too, but either way, I'm stuck and please....halp!!

    Thanks
    Yeah,I'm new to HEDT platform,so I couldn't say is that normal ,but I did noticed that my i9 7900x is comparably slower than my i7 7700k...like from hitting power button to desktop took like 4 sec*(but that CPU was OCed to 5,0Ghz ) and bios load time in aorus gaming 9 z270x was about the same ,3-4 sec.
    OCed or not my x299 always took some descent time to boot up,like from times when my old pc pentium II was running hot...(60/70sec to get in BIOS,1 min+ to boot up)...I use that time in the morning to refill my coffee
    Anyway,look at that boot time as a sign to refill your coffee

  3. #3
    ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!
    Arne Saknussemm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    481
    Posts
    13,387

    Boot time has near zero to do with:

    How OCd your CPU is
    How fast your OS drive is

    It has everything to do with:

    The complexity of the platform
    The number of devices you have connected or enabled
    The quantity and stability of RAM that has to be trained
    The drivers loaded at windows startup
    Your BIOS Settings

    People buy HEDTs because they render a video faster than mainstream...they mulitask better than mainstream i.e. they are faster up and running. They should not buy HEDTs expecting faster boot times...they should in fact expect slower.

    Use some form of sleep for fast startup times.

    What you can do:

    Disable devices you are not using for example Bluetooth or WiFi...if you use an Ethernet cable...

    Make sure you do a UEFI Install and have windows boot manager as first priority

    Cant remember the field name but it's something like "POST delay time" set this to 0 seconds or 1 or whatever the min is

    Don't populate usb headers with tons of devices

    Use high quality single kit of QVL RAM and make sure it is dialed in

    Appreciate BOOT Time as a work of art and sure

    Refill your coffee

    Last edited by Arne Saknussemm; 02-04-2018 at 08:59 AM.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Marko911 PC Specs
    Marko911 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage extreme VI
    Processori9 7900x @4,7Ghz cores at from 7x1,20v-3x1,21v
    Memory (part number)G.skill 32GB 3200MHZ CL14 DDR4 quad kit
    Graphics Card #1Aorus 1080ti extreme edition @2032Mhz/12000Mhz
    MonitorAsus something IPS,144Hz ,Freesync
    Storage #1m.2 Samsung EVO 960 1TB
    Storage #2m.2 Samsung EVO 960 500GB
    CPU CoolerEKWB monoblock
    CaseThermaltake view 71 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000i
    Keyboard rappo wireless keyboard and mouse
    Headset Logitech G933
    OS win 10 pro/64bit
    Accessory #1 HL GTS 360mm/push only
    Accessory #2 HL SR2 360mm push/pull
    Accessory #3 HL SR2 420mm push/pull
    Marko911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    132

    Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Boot time has near zero to do with:

    How OCd your CPU is
    How fast your OS drive is

    It has everything to do with:

    The complexity of the platform
    The number of devices you have connected or enabled
    The quantity and stability of RAM that has to be trained
    The drivers loaded at windows startup
    Your BIOS Settings

    People buy HEDTs because they render a video faster than mainstream...they mulitask better than mainstream i.e. they are faster up and running. They should not buy HEDTs expecting faster boot times...they should in fact expect slower.

    Use some form of sleep for fast startup times.

    What you can do:

    Disable devices you are not using for example Bluetooth or WiFi...if you use an Ethernet cable...

    Make sure you do a UEFI Install and have windows boot manager as first priority

    Cant remember the field name but it's something like "BIOS display time" set this to 0 seconds or 1 or whatever the min is

    Don't populate usb headers with tons of devices

    Use high quality single kit of QVL RAM and make sure it is dialed in

    Appreciate BOOT Time as a work of art and sure

    Refill your coffee

    Didn't know that,thanks for explanation I didn't change any BIOS boot settings ,cuz it didn't bother me,no post error where found,no win BSOD,everything is running fine.That was just my observation not complaint as I stated in previous post . As I said,it's great coffee time

  5. #5
    ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!
    Arne Saknussemm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    481
    Posts
    13,387

    Yeah sounds like everything was running as normal...boot time on X79 X99 and now X299 all higher than mainstream platforms...but once they are wound up...they fly

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array restsugavan PC Specs
    restsugavan PC Specs
    MotherboardRAMPAGE VI EXTREME
    ProcessorCore i9 7980XE
    Memory (part number)64GB GSKILL TRIDENT-Z RGB 3200
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG POSEIDON
    MonitorSAMSUNG UD590D
    Storage #1INTEL600P 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT KRAKEN 62
    CaseCorsair Carbine 540
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i
    Keyboard Microsoft
    Mouse Microsoft
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Sony
    OS Windows 10 2019 Insider Preview 18323
    Network RouterD-LINK
    restsugavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    36
    Posts
    364

    Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Yeah sounds like everything was running as normal...boot time on X79 X99 and now X299 all higher than mainstream platforms...but once they are wound up...they fly

    Install minimum storage device will bring fast boot buddy. Many type of storage devices bring us slower boot due driver and OROMs
    Module load.*

  7. #7
    ROG 師傅 Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 1920X
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Phobya Bench...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic SS-1200XP3
    Keyboard Logitech G810 or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse G502 or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!
    Arne Saknussemm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    481
    Posts
    13,387

    Yup! sometimes less is less...

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Menthol PC Specs
    Menthol PC Specs
    MotherboardM 10 Apex / XI gene
    Processor8700K / 9900K
    Memory (part number)2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4266/2x2x8 Gskill Trident Z 4500
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti / GTX 1060
    Sound CardSoundBlaster Ae5 / Onboard
    MonitorBENQ 32" 4K
    Storage #1Intel 900p 480GB/Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Intel 750 1.2TB/Plextor 1 TB 2X 950 Pro
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i AIO / H1110i
    CaseCorsair 740 ? Lian Li Air
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200i / AX 1200i
    Keyboard Corsair
    Mouse ASUS Strix
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906
    OS 10 X64 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon Fios
    Accessory #1 Intel Wifi BT pcie card
    Accessory #2 Red Bull
    Accessory #3 English Breakfast Tea
    Menthol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Reputation
    241
    Posts
    4,547

    Also disable any startup apps that don't need to start during boot, manually start apps after boot up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture33333.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	71312

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array G75rog PC Specs
    G75rog PC Specs
    MotherboardR VI Apex
    ProcessorI9-7900X
    Memory (part number)64GB Gskill Trident Z
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon VII
    Graphics Card #2Waste of PCI lanes in NVME environment
    Sound CardStock
    MonitorLG 34" Ultra Wide3440x1440
    Storage #14ea 960 Pro 2TB, 2ea 970 Evo 2TB
    Storage #21ea 960 Pro 1 TB, 1ea 970 Pro 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseCorsair 800D
    Power SupplyNZXT Hale 90 1200W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Razer Ouroboros
    OS W10 64 1809
    Network RouterNetgear R9000 + 4ea R9000 AP's
    Accessory #1 Hyper M.2 X16
    Accessory #2 10GB network
    Accessory #3 2 10GB Asustor NAS

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Reputation
    12
    Posts
    232

    Update the 960 pro firmware. That will take care of the drive hanging.
    Why are you running the restrictive W10 Enterprise instead of Pro?
    128gb RAM and the mechancal hdds will add to overall boot time.

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array DJLTY PC Specs
    DJLTY PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus ROG G75VW
    MotherboardAsus Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel i9 7940X
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB 128gb 3000mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti Waterforce WB
    Sound CardIt's 2018...
    MonitorAlienware 34in 3440x1440 120hz Ultrawide
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 512gb & 2tb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 2tb, HGST 7200rpm 4tb
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy EVO, Coolstream PE 360, Revo D5
    CaseCorsair Carbide Air 540
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1300w
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    Mouse Logitech G700s...for now
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 800, Bose QC 35, JBL Siberia 700, Skullcandy Crusher, Audio Technica M50X
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300
    Headset/Speakers Yamaha HS50M (when hooked up...)
    OS Win 10
    DJLTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    Boot time has near zero to do with:

    How OCd your CPU is
    How fast your OS drive is

    It has everything to do with:

    The complexity of the platform
    The number of devices you have connected or enabled
    The quantity and stability of RAM that has to be trained
    The drivers loaded at windows startup
    Your BIOS Settings

    People buy HEDTs because they render a video faster than mainstream...they mulitask better than mainstream i.e. they are faster up and running. They should not buy HEDTs expecting faster boot times...they should in fact expect slower.

    Use some form of sleep for fast startup times.

    What you can do:

    Disable devices you are not using for example Bluetooth or WiFi...if you use an Ethernet cable...

    Make sure you do a UEFI Install and have windows boot manager as first priority

    Cant remember the field name but it's something like "POST delay time" set this to 0 seconds or 1 or whatever the min is

    Don't populate usb headers with tons of devices

    Use high quality single kit of QVL RAM and make sure it is dialed in

    Appreciate BOOT Time as a work of art and sure

    Refill your coffee

    Well that kind of sucks. Thanks, yeah I've set post time to 1 or 0, enabled fast boot, turned off splash startup and all that. I've really tried to scour Google with solutions on this, and came up pretty empty other than someone else stating something similar to what you said, that these particular PCs just take longer to boot. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an anomaly. After enabling/disabling things in bios and all the hardware devices one by one, I'll try a win 10 reboot just out of curiosity. The machine isn't that new and I don't have much loaded on it quite yet. I'm almost certain I installed it UEFI & GPT if memory serves though.

    I definitely know about core count helping video rendering, I used my old 4790 to edit multi cam interviews for a radio station I used to work at, and just scrubbing along trying to preview sections at a time was just...well, painful lol. I remember a 45min HD render took like 4 or 5 hours one time :| I haven't had the chance to do another project on this system yet, but hope to be surprised when I do. I also produce music, and recall that same system getting a little choppy when running FL studio with a lot of multi tracks and effects per channel running.

    No coffee for me, I'll just enjoy the pretty startup rgb light show Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •