cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a bit terrified from what just happened with my PG279Q

MentalBlank
Level 7
So i had this monitor for about a year now working like a charm, 0 back light bleed, 0 dead pixels and 0 stuck pixels. Today i woke up to turn my PC on but there was no power sign to the monitor. No matter how many time i would press or hold the power button it wouldn't turn on, the power LED was also off. The first thing i tried was unplug the power cable from the monitor (not from the wall) and plugged it back in and now it's working. This never happend before and i'm afraid this may be the sign of my monitor dying and will happen again? Note that the power cable wasn't loose or anything, i tried to a push and move it a bit before unplugging it but it didn't work unless i unplugged it completely, it's like it was bugged and needed a full power reset :rolleyes: At least what i think...

My friend had a Asus vx238 once, after gaming for around 10-20 min the monitor would turn off and wouldn't turn on, the power LED would also turn off and the only way to turn it back on was to unplugg it and wait few sec then plugg it back in. Then the same thing happen, interestingly while not gaming it wouldn't turn off.

I feel like my monitor is similar but died in sleep mode...
5 REPLIES 5

brkkab123
Level 7
Do you plug your monitor and your pc into a surge suppressor or a unlimited power suppressor )u.p.s.) ?
Either one is a must and should be used.
They protect your elctronics from power surges, spikes, etc. and should always be used.
Never plug your pc, laptop, tablet, monitor or game console directly into a electric outlet. Alway's use a surge suppressor or better yet a u.p.s

brkkab123 wrote:
Do you plug your monitor and your pc into a surge suppressor or a unlimited power suppressor )u.p.s.) ?
Either one is a must and should be used.
They protect your elctronics from power surges, spikes, etc. and should always be used.
Never plug your pc, laptop, tablet, monitor or game console directly into a electric outlet. Alway's use a surge suppressor or better yet a u.p.s

Thanks for the reply,
Not sure if this has anything to do with my monitor, i live in Sweden, we don't need UPS. Yes i'm using outlet surge for my PC and monitor but i don't think that has anything to do with why it was off. I've been using electronics plugged directly into a outlet for 15 years and i never had any issue, in the worst case my main fuse box would cut the power off if anything goes wrong (which never happened in my whole life)

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
If it remains on while in use then it could well be the power adapter. Wouldn't worry too much unless it happens again, obviously
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
If it remains on while in use then it could well be the power adapter. Wouldn't worry too much unless it happens again, obviously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRsi9TB-0c

I found this on Youtube, it could be the power adapter as you said. But when my monitor was off i didn't unplug the adapter from the power outlet, i only unplugged it from the monitor and plugged it back in and now it's working fine but i'm afraid if this will happen again or more often.

BoutTime01
Level 7
It's the power adapter. A known issue and happened with my PG278Q. I bought a genuine Asus replacement online from Amazon for about £25. Shop around.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk