cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics card make my Case vibrate

UNIKO
Level 7
So I notice my case was vibrating vigorously and I am thinking well maybe I got a bad fan/fans even tho they are new. I started looking into the cause of it and notice it would not do it all the time which I found strange the it hit me it happens mostly when performing intense task such as editing and gaming. Now at that point I ran furmark and watched the graphics card once the GPU got hot and the fans started to spin Viola!! I have now found the culprit ...Just wondering if anyone have any suggestions on maybe resolving this issues. Should I put in an RMA for the graphics card or maybe go about it differently. I have already made sure the screws are thight and that the card is properly seated ...I am thinking maybe one of the Card fans is starting to wear out .

Build
Ryzen 1600
Mobo X370 strix
Cooler captain 240 Deep cool
Case Phanteks P400S
2 REPLIES 2

Menthol
Level 14
If the card is new enough to return to vendor for replacement go ahead, otherwise take the card out and give it a good visual inspection, see if any of the fans are damaged or loose
If temperature is not a problem use GPUTweak, MSI AB to set a fan curve avoiding the speed that causes vibration
I am hesitant to recommend RMA as there is no supply of video cards at this time and they are priced over MSRP, try and hold out on RMA until supply returns

Menthol wrote:
If the card is new enough to return to vendor for replacement go ahead, otherwise take the card out and give it a good visual inspection, see if any of the fans are damaged or loose
If temperature is not a problem use GPUTweak, MSI AB to set a fan curve avoiding the speed that causes vibration
I am hesitant to recommend RMA as there is no supply of video cards at this time and they are priced over MSRP, try and hold out on RMA until supply returns
Thanks for the reply ..The card is a GTX 1070 and it is still under warranty. I have to be honest the short supply of Graphics cards also makes me hesitant and That was one of the reason I asked if I should RMA it . The card still works fine performance, temps etc. just the vibrating.

Thanks
Again