cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 SSD Heat sinks

Clintlgm
Level 14
M.2 SSD Heatsink, I'm primarily interested in a heatsink that will work in notebooks. however, these are fairly new products and I wonder how they are working out for everyone I see the newer Motherboard is coming with them. everything I'm reading about them leads me to believe they even in passive mode reduce temps and prevent Throttling of SSD?
So I'm looking for anyone experience with them and any recommendation as to style, brands etc.

Yes this is a double post I also posted a similar post in the G series Notebook subforum

So I'm interested in all views on this subject

The one that look the most promising to me seem to have a bottom plate and top plate that is finned Aluminum they seem to have metal wings that clip onto the upper half and have some sort of thermal pads on both sides?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Clintlgm wrote:
M.2 SSD Heatsink, I'm primarily interested in a heatsink that will work in notebooks. however, these are fairly new products and I wonder how they are working out for everyone I see the newer Motherboard is coming with them. everything I'm reading about them leads me to believe they even in passive mode reduce temps and prevent Throttling of SSD?
So I'm looking for anyone experience with them and any recommendation as to style, brands etc.

Yes this is a double post I also posted a similar post in the G series Notebook subforum

So I'm interested in all views on this subject

The one that look the most promising to me seem to have a bottom plate and top plate that is finned Aluminum they seem to have metal wings that clip onto the upper half and have some sort of thermal pads on both sides?

This is the set I'm looking at anyone using any kind of heat sinks on there M.2 SSD?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

ottoyu34
Level 9