cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Spatha charging way

cyber1000
Level 8
Hello i recently bought the asus spatha and i wonder if someone can help me, ive always used wired mice so im not sure if i should leave the spatha docked during night or if i should switch it off because everytime i wake up the mouse got no battery, even if it goes into sleep mode. I can leave it docked charging during night and avoid waking up without battery but im afraid it might damage the mouse so i wanted to have some help before. Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
It is better to have it docked when not in use, certain Aura Sync lighting modes such as Static and full brightness can affect the battery life greatly. The sleep mode issue has been resolved in the upcoming update next week.

Okay thanks for letting me know, i was afraid it could damage the mouse battery by always having it docked but now i know i can 😛 thanks

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you are concerned about the battery, keep it docked whenever not in use to top up the charge so it's always ready for action. But when you do not intend to use the Spatha for a long period of time (perhaps a 2 week vacation for example), then leave it undocked and switched off.

I changed the static to reactive, it did improve battery a bit not much tho

but i have another issue with it sometimes the dock just keeps shutting down, causing the mouse to lag for a couple seconds, know what it might be? i already tried all the usb ports as it could have malfunction on one of them but it still happens

i love this mouse, sadly its just a pool of problems for the price

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Have you tried the latest version of Armoury?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?100253-ROG-Armoury-II-V2-04-07-Report-any-issues-here

oh i did not see it was out, thanks a bunch!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Give it a try and let me know if everything works out. Thanks.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Dock when not in use. It doesn’t matter what version of armory you use this mouse has the worst battery life of any mouse produced.....EVER!*
I sometimes run out of battery before I’m done for the day with all the lights TURNED OFF! It’s a sad state of affairs when I have to keep a back up Logitech MX Master at the ready that goes for more than a month between charges and the spatha won’t make it for a day. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Well im not sure if the new armoury fixed it or that i quitted it cuz it still wont go standby with armoury opened in this version, so i just closed it. The armoury itself feels the same, so i cant be sure. Ill say anything if i find any difference

and yeah sadly this battery is really short and its twice the MX but i just love irregular designs too much and so i love this one, so i guess ill have to deal with that but at least with reactive lighning settings it lasts me for the time i use it even tho i would like it on static