cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Code, removing ROG Armor?

Eatdamuffin
Level 7
While putting in the standoff screws I accidently dropped a screw into the rog armor near the PCI-E slots. I'm going to try removing the MOBO from the case and shaking it out but if I can't. How do I remove the ROG armor to get at the screw?
5 REPLIES 5

Raja
Level 13
If you cant get it out once you remove the board from the case, you're going to have to flip the board over and remove all (or most of) the necessary screws. Boards like these are best installed with the PC case laying flat. That way, there's less chance of losing a screw in the armor.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
If you cant get it out once you remove the board from the case, you're going to have to flip the board over and remove all (or most of) the necessary screws. Boards like these are best installed with the PC case laying flat. That way, there's less chance of losing a screw in the armor.

Yeah it actually was laying flat, it just dropped a bit off my magnetic screwdriver and slipped in.

Raja
Level 13
Thats unfortunate. Blu-tac on the end of the bit can sometimes be better than relying on delicate magnetism.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
How about using a magnet to try and guide it out?

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

kevindd992002
Level 7
Any luck with this? I'm having the same exact dilemma. A screw fell off inside the VRM area and I really can't get it out by shaking the whole case. How do you remove the Armor and put it back after?