cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video issue with GL551JM-DH71 laptop Help!!

DVDDude
Level 7
Hi, I'm new to this forum and am having some issues with my friends laptop that I'm trying to fix for him. It's a GL551JM-DH71 is the model. His display went out to the point that if I put a flashlight up to the screen I can se a faint image. Seems like the back light has gone out. Here is what I have done so far for troubleshooting....

1. Replaced the video cable and display.
2. External monitor does work so I have updated drivers and scanned for any viruses
3. Display settings does show 2 monitors, the laptop screen is just very dark and can't make out anything
4. I have checked the video cable connection on the motherboard multiple times and on the back of the screen
5. Tried turning up the brightness with the F* keys on the top of the keyboard. F5 or F6 one of those anyway.

I'm thinking it might be a video driver or maybe a bios issue at this point. I'm also thinking about checking with a local shop to see what they can tell me but would like to figure it out on my own first or with your help if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
0 REPLIES 0