cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus STRIX G Z270: Bios Settings & NVME

Deaerator
Level 7
Just like what the titles states:

What are the proper BIOS settings in order to install Windows 10 on a NVME drive (SAMSUNG SSD 960 EVO 250GB)?

Also;

Can you use Intel Optane with this drive?

What kind of order do you install the drivers?
5 REPLIES 5

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
OPTANE.

NO. there is no benefit it. In fact DO NOT USE IT is you are using a NMVIE for a boot drive. the octane (16 or 32) is only use when user use a mechanical drier as a boot drive. UNLESS you want the big guns. from intel

I will send you the screen shots of mine tomorrow since i am not home today.

but botton line is: use port 1 if you want the cpu to manage it. , that will give a space sata port back. go to bios and select PCIE instead of sata. then restart. install windows 10. install drivers etc and the driver for the samsung and magician. go back to BIOS and CRM off and restart then bios and select ONLY UEFI so legacy is gone. In my case give me 5C more temps on the cpu since is managing all data, but give me 1 sata back in my board. since por 2 take 2 sata away. and i needed that sata.

On your board. latest bios. new chipset and IME driver (last one ony) that is it. sound card is nice to have. and aura in the end. make the boot drive from MS direct NO weird ****ti website. use MS direct download.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Last night I was able to get Windows 10 installed but I cannot get Samsung Magician to see the drive itself.

How do I get the official Drivers installed on the NVME?
What is the deal with Intel Rapid Storage Technology and this drive?

I have a mechanical drive to store my games <--Does this need to have IRST enabled and software installed?

Frustrated on how there is no confirmed way to get windows 10 installed with NVME drivers.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
no IRST, that is for raid.

did you install the nmve driver 2.3? maybe a update, on the nvme. I am using 3B&QCXE7.
http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/
Learn, Play Enjoy!

I finally got the driver installed properly.

I did a full reformat and the Samsung Driver finally works.

Thanks

Deaerator wrote:
I finally got the driver installed properly.

I did a full reformat and the Samsung Driver finally works.

Thanks

Fantastic, enjoy!
Learn, Play Enjoy!