Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Docking Station for G752 ?

Nihondzin
Level 7
Hi
Does anyone using docking station ?
If yes please tell me ,which one is best for my laptop?
Thank you!!!!
6 REPLIES 6

surfer96
Level 7
I guess it depends on your needs, there are many models in different price ranges.

I am looking for a docking station as well and my requirements are that the docking needs to have at least the following ports: USB-C (to connect to pc), HDMI, LAN, audio jack in + out, USB 3.0. So far I have not found one that was acceptable for my needs. The docks I found were either too expensive because of additional display ports that I don't need or had a very short fixed USB-C cable (so no possibility to detach/replace it).

Note that none of the docks (or actually port replicators) I found had the possibility to replace the ROG power supply (min. 180W requirement?)

Additionally I am still looking for a working solution to be able to start up the laptop without having to open the lid.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Docking stations as they are for most laptops do not exist for gaming machines.
What you really have are port replicators.
The only thing Ive seen that comes close is also an external graphics bay. ASUS XG2 but they are not cheap by any means. They will however meet most needs.
Nothing like the docking station where I just sit my laptop in it and it clicks in place for my work machine, Lenovo P50

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Docking stations as they are for most laptops do not exist for gaming machines.
What you really have are port replicators.
The only thing Ive seen that comes close is also an external graphics bay. ASUS XG2 but they are not cheap by any means. They will, however, meet most needs.
Nothing like the docking station where I just sit my laptop in it and it clicks in place for my work machine, Lenovo P50

Justin are we just being negative here I see we both posted the same reply in our own ways LOL without the docking port how would a docking station work
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Justin are we just being negative here I see we both posted the same reply in our own ways LOL without the docking port how would a docking station work

Not negative as I see it, only the facts. I dont use my G752VY in that aspect, I use it as a portable when Im on the road for business or at the camp resort. For desktop pleasure I have my X299 platform. I do use a real docking staion for work with my Lenovo P50 as doing CAD and other tasks on a 15 inch screen and touchpad sucks!
Difference is the Lenovo was made for that purpose. I came with a docking station keyboard, mouse and even a power supply so all I have to do is pull the machine out of my back, plop it in the dock where it latches, hit the power button on the dock and change the input on my monitor.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Not negative as I see it, only the facts. I dont use my G752VY in that aspect, I use it as a portable when Im on the road for business or at the camp resort. For desktop pleasure, I have my X299 platform. I do use a real docking staion for work with my Lenovo P50 as doing CAD and other tasks on a 15 inch screen and touchpad sucks!
Difference is the Lenovo was made for that purpose. I came with a docking station keyboard, mouse and even a power supply so all I have to do is pull the machine out of my back, plop it in the dock where it latches, hit the power button on the dock and change the input on my monitor.

Sorry about the negative comment, Yes Exactly business and possible entertainment notebooks come with the port for a docking port, we haven't seen this port on gaming computers in my experience since the G75. I was using high-end business and entertainment notebooks prior and same as you did have and use docking ports. Large high Resolutions monitors are pretty much required for Auto Cad or any other large-scale drawing programs.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm
Level 14
Nihondzin wrote:
Hi
Does anyone using docking station ?
If yes please tell me ,which one is best for my laptop?
Thank you!!!!

As a person that used to use docking stations at work for larger screen and keyboard. I have just searched my G752 VY and I don't see any docking station connections? Is there a hidden one somewhere. Looks like the best you could hope for would be some kind of hub. i use a 4 port USB 3.0 powered hub and Bluetooth mouse. So I suppose that a Bluetooth keyboard could be used also. A larger Monitor could be hooked up VIA HDMI DVI or USB C multi monitors with splitters so I guess maybe someone might make a device that you could plug in a USB 3.0, HDMI, DVI and USB C into that would have some power supply to support multi devices.

I remember a few years ago business computers had a port built into the back side of the notebook where you would plug into a docking station. I haven't looked lately at Business notebooks but I'm thinking some of them would still have this port. to connect it to a docking station?

What am I missing here?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro