cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix SOAR not detected [Resolved]

Alan_M
Level 7
I install my Strix SOAR using latest drivers and was working fine in Windows10 64bit.

But now is not detected and hot.

Is it the correct place. What to do now?
The card is not detected in Windows

I hit the button try scanning for new hardware with no visible results.
Please,
How to check if the Windows hardware device manager has discovered a multimedia audio device?
Name of the Device?
13 REPLIES 13

Alan_M
Level 7

hands up :confused:

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Do you remember what changes you made before you started having issues? Checked if the card is mounted firmly into the slot? Tried a different slot? Is your system overclocked?

"Strix Sound Card" should show up under Device Manager even before the drivers are installed. If you have tried reinstalling Windows and disconnected all components which aren't necessary (to avoid any conflicts) and still have issues, let us know your specs and Windows version/build.

Thanks for the help

I do not remember any special.
Checked if the card is mounted firmly into the slot several times.
I can't try different slot because of the video cards (more than one).

I did not try reinstalling Windows I do not consider reinstalling Windows for a plug and play product.
I'm using Window 10 Home Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.214)

I posted earlier a screenshot of the device manager.
What is the "name" that will pop up in the tree of Device Manager when the card is connected to the motherboard?

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
If it was working fine and not now, perhaps send it in for RMA and see if the card is okay.

Before doing that, it is ideal to remove the second graphics card and try using a different slot for the sound card (just in case it's the slot).
Also reinstall Windows, it is possible one of the many recent updates caused an issue.

This is what you should see in Device Manager:

This worked for me: I take out some other GPU and making more space. And I place the Stix Soar sound card in this new empty slot space. I try all the slot available. Some of then the Sound Card was not detected. I try to put the card as far as is possible for the GPU. In this way, I notice less electromagnetic interference.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
While the Soar was working fine initially, did you also have both graphics cards working at that time?
Or do you think it's possible the problem started when you added your second graphics card?
Depending on what motherboard you have, you may be limited in what you can do due to the number of PCIe lanes.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
While the Soar was working fine initially, did you also have both graphics cards working at that time?

Yes, initially Soar was working fine with both graphics cards.

"Depending on what motherboard you have, you may be limited in what you can do due to the number of PCIe lanes."
Yes, also this is possible for example if you add an extra SATA HDD can affect the mSata to be disabled and some other PCIe lanes.
There is a possibility, But I think was not my case.

I feel more like rotating baking the audio card can trigger some connection problems.
In my case is a custom pc and the stability is made up by PCIe physical connection. To thin.
PCIe in the Soar is a short physical connection (and thin?). Fewer pins than a graphics cards.
And my graphics cards were very big pushing the audio card.
In my case, there is no structure that handles the audio card.

Also, the sound quality is much better now that is far away from the video card.

Thinking about the product: I know that I will add a graphics card in the future.
I strongly suggest making a new external audio card 7.1 or more 15 configurable channel connected via USB or PCIe cable.
So we (users) can connect it with an active 7.1 or amplifier and some additional missing output for up roofs.
VR games need also an up channel. (Talk with Unity game engine for this.).
Because we need more PCIe space for graphics cards that I feel it will make a lot of electrostatic noise.